Michael
San Diego

Playa del Carmen

Best Beach and Town location in Playa

We are going to be in Playa Del Carmen this coming December.    We are looking for house/condo that is located very close to a really good swimming beach, but also close to the restaurants and shops in town. Budgeting between $1000-1500 per week for the lodging.    Looking at Casa Dorothea, but if anyone has other suggestions,  I'd love for you to share them with me.   Thanks!

One other question:  we love oysters.  Any particularly good oyster bars in PDC?

Ross from Fort Collins

If you are going to Mexico you should head a little south to Tulum. It is by far a much better beach! And playa is basically America on a beach. tons of people no peace at all it's spring break 24-7. Just google Tulum and you will know what I'm talking about.

It's only 30 min south and super easy to get to. This is where they shoot sports illustrated swimsuit models. If interested I have tons of info on the area. Don't forget the cenotes! Really tho I avoid cancun and Playa. no reason to travel there just go to Florida lol!

1. Mexico (country)
  2. Tulum (city)

Cristóbal from Puerto Morelos

Have you tried AirBnB for looking for hosting?

I have not know about Oyster bars in Playa del Carmen but La Almeja Borracha in Cancun is a good place and you will be pretty close so it might worth paying a visit.

Feel free to contact me if further assistance required.

1. La Almeja Borracha (restaurant)
  2. Cancun (city)