Allison
Brooklyn

Allison from Brooklyn asked

Is a trip to Placencia worth it?

My boyfriend and I are going to Belize for a week next month.  We plan on maximizing our time while in the country and traveling between Caye Caulker and San Ignacio.  We plan on renting a car to get back to Belize City for our flight out at the end of the trip and I was wondering if it was worth taking time out to go to Placencia.  I know it is bit out of the way, but it looks beautiful and I believe the drive itself may be worth it. If not Placencia, maybe there is another coastal area (or any other pit stops you may recommend) worth stopping at along our drive back. Thanks!

Placencia

Brooke from Nashville

Absolutely! Placencia was one of the most beautiful beaches i've been to and the sand... so soft! It is a far drive but it really is a beautiful area. 

1. Placencia (hotel)