Gerald
Brooklyn (New York)

Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh on a budget?

I'm going to be visiting my buddy who just moved to Pittsburgh.  I'll be staying with him for the week, so I've got lodging down and am just looking for things to do.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'm into visual and performing arts and also into the outdoors.

Michael from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Go see the Carnegie Museum of Natural History. It's great. The point in downtown is the convergence of the rivers and is a great outdoor site. 

1. Carnegie Museum of Natural History (attraction)

Gre from Illinois

The Andy Warhol Museum is a don't miss if you are a visual artist. Though I first thought a museum dedicated to one artist would be somewhat boring over time, the curators do a great job mixing it up and keeping it fresh and relevant. Go there!

1. Andy Warhol Museum (attraction)

James from Kentucky

You might want to check out the Andy Warhol Museum. If you have access to a bicycle there is the trail along the river in the Southside area. Another option would be Schenley Park in the Oakland area.

1. Andy Warhol Museum (attraction)
  2. Schenley Park (attraction)

David from Grovetown

Look for a church pirogi sale. Many if the neighborhood church lady's groups put them on and you can get a great meal and a tail from an old polish vet to boot.