Ahlia asked

What is the best way and places to stay for an elderly lady, her dog and VW

Next year I am planning to move closer to my only son
who lives in Pittsburgh. I am 60 years old and will be traveling with my King Charles Cavalier in my 2010 VW Beetle.

I know it will be a few days. I would like the best path and places to sleep that is safe. I am a survivor of PTSD and cancer. Your kindness in information will be appreciated.
Ahlia

Carlsbad (California) Pittsburgh

I would drive to New Orleans from Carlsbad. From there I would go to Memphis. Then l would go To Nashville, Tennessee. Then to Louisville, Kentucky. Then to Cincinnati,Ohio. Then to Cleveland, Ohio. Next to Shady Grove in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This is a pleasant, scenic, relaxing drive. With much to see and do. I safely travel these areas. This is the less stress way. Just follow I-10 over and go up. You will have fun.