Sherri
United States

Pisa

Leaning Tower of Pisa

Besides the leaning tower of Pisa, are there any other nearby attractions I should see?  What restaurant(s) would you recommend for lunch?

The Leaning Tower of Pisa sits in a large green space ( Piazza Dei Miracoli) with several other gorgeous buildings, so take some time and walk around. I particularly loved the Pisa Baptistry. It's gorgeous inside and out. There area  couple small museums there too. We ate at a restaurant just around the corner, to the right if you're facing the tower from the Baptistry. The food was great. I've heard that the Piazza Dei Cavalieri is beautiful, but I haven't been there.  

Nearby Pisa is Lucca, one of my favorite Tuscan cities. It's surrounded by an old wall and is a fun maze of tiny streets and beautiful churches. 

Just 20 minutes from Pisa, on the coast, is Marina Di Pisa, a tiny string of restaurants along the water. It's a great place to see the sunset and have dinner. Just remember Italian lunch and dinner hours are different from ours and run late. Our dinner hour (5-9) is when most Italian restaurants are closed. This is very much true in Marina di Pisa.

1. Leaning Tower of Pisa (attraction)
  2. Piazza Dei Miracoli (attraction)
  3. Marina Di Pisa (attraction)
  4. Piazza Dei Cavalieri (attraction)
  5. Pisa Baptistry (attraction)
  6. Lucca (city)

Simonettoni from Athens

Campo or Piazza Dei Miracoli is the place where the Leaning Tower of Pisa is located, where there is also the Duomo Di Pisa P.P. 9Pisa Cathedral), the Pisa Baptistry and the Monumental Cemetery. Also it is nice to see Piazza Dei Cavalieri (Knights' Square), Chiesa di Santa Maria della Spina and every church you find! Also you have to pass the river Arno from the bridge and walk in Corso Italia, the main shopping street. Osteria La Toscana is the place where I had a great lunch!

1. Piazza Dei Miracoli (attraction)
  2. Leaning Tower of Pisa (attraction)
  3. Pisa Baptistry (attraction)
  4. Piazza Dei Cavalieri (attraction)
  5. Chiesa di Santa Maria della Spina (attraction)
  6. Corso Italia (attraction)
  7. Osteria La Toscana (restaurant)
  8. Duomo Di Pisa P.P. (attraction)