Erik
Byron Bay

Philippines

Where to go in the Philippines?

I am headed to the Philippines and would love some tips on where to go, what to see, where to snorkel/scuba, areas to get off the beaten track...  basically the 'have to see and dos'

Thanks

Erik

Sarah from Hamburg

for scuba I'd recommend Coron  (Wrecks), Malapascua Island (Tresher sharks) and Moalboal (sardines).

Camiguin is amazing for motorbiking, hiking, snorkelling a sunken cemetery.
Not off the beaten track but definitely worth a trip: Palawan

this post shows most of them:
http://www.journeytodesign.com/2015/12/01/a-trip-through-the-philippines-for-visual-people/

I hope you enjoy the Philippines, it's one of my favourite countries!

1. Coron (attraction)
  2. Malapascua Island (island)
  3. Moalboal (city)
  4. Camiguin (attraction)
  5. Palawan (attraction)

Random from Seattle

I enjoy the  Central Visayas (Gitnang Kabisayaan Region VII) Use Cebu City as your landing. From there the choices are almost endless....

1. Central Visayas (attraction)
  2. Cebu City (attraction)

Karl from Ho Chi Minh City

I went to the Philippines with plans travel to a few islands based on recommendations of a few co-workers in the outdoor rec game. They recommended El Nido. It was just my speed and at the time (three years ago) far enough off the beaten track to still have laid-back yet adventurous feel with out loosing too many days transferring from Manila - .Puerto Princesa by air and overland to El Nido (about an 8 hour drive at the time). I'm also a bit of a cave geek so taking a day to head to the Subterranean River National Park was a must.

1. El Nido (city)