Chiara

Philippines

Most beautiful places to see in the Philippines?

I'm not planning a trip to the Philippines for the moment but it's definitely a place in my list, I would be curious to know the must see places in terms of natural landscapes. I love nature and I don't want to miss the best of the islands!

Clark Kent from Singapore

Yes to the Philippines!

1. Coron - This island is my favorite, and it's a short flight from either Manila or Cebu. It's not as commercial as  Boracay Island, so it retains a small town atmosphere and allows you to completely disconnect. It also houses some of the most amazing natural views. My personal favorite is the Twin Lagoon: you ferry into a saltwater bay and, depending on the water level, you can either walk or swim (!) through a cave into a freshwater lake that kind of looks like Jurassic Park.
  2. Batanes - This is a very close second. It's a remote island up north, vastly untouched both physically and culturally. It has beautiful beaches, expansive rolling hills, and some of the nicest people anywhere.
  3. Mount Pinatubo - Active volcano you can hike up to. The crater view is phenomenal.
  4. El Nido - Another Palawan option you can check out with a more luxury set up.
  5. Tubbataha Reef Marine Park - If you're into diving, this is worth going out of the way to check out.

1. Coron (city)
  2. Boracay Island (island)
  3. Batanes (island)
  4. Mount Pinatubo (attraction)
  5. El Nido (city)
  6. Tubbataha Reef Marine Park (attraction)
  7. Twin Lagoon (attraction)

Rebecca from Brooklyn

I spent two months in the Philippines a few years back. I kept a blog about it. We tried to stay off the tourist track and get off the beaten path a bit. I love it. You can check out the stories here: http://hiandthankyou.com/tag/philippines

The place that stands out the most to me was Busuanga Island Paradise. We spent day after day kayaking over to a fish reserve where we snorkeled and saw something different every time. There are so many islands to hop around on day trips and there aren't a ton of tourists, so hiring out a boat for the day is very reasonably priced. You can buy fish at the local market and the boat captain will cook it for you at lunch time. There is so much to explore and the people are so kind. The diving is also fantastic - so many wrecks!

1. Busuanga Island Paradise (hotel)

Melissa from Metro Manila

We have a lot of amazing natural landscapes in this country. Palawan is on the top of my list, Puerto Princesa is a good option so you can see the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park and I completely agree with Clark's tip to check out Coron, El Nido or the Tubbataha Reef. I would also suggest seeing the Banaue Rice Terraces and the nearby Baguio City which has a lot tourist sites since it is dubbed as the country's summer capital. Albay is also a good option to see the perfect cone of Mayon Volcano and you might want to head to the nearby beaches of Caramoan where they've filmed some franchises of Survivor, and Calaguas Island which is gaining popularity for its fine white sand beach that could rival that of Boracay Island or Camiguin. Also, I've mentioned Cebu City a couple of times before in some previous answers and the gorgeous islands of Bantayan, Malapascua, Moalboal and Oslob there; as well as Bohol for Chocolate Hills and the Loboc River Cruise.

You might want to check out http://itsmorefuninthephilippines.com/ for more options. Cheers!

1. Palawan (city)
  2. Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park (attraction)
  3. Banaue Rice Terraces (attraction)
  4. Baguio City (city)
  5. Albay (metro area)
  6. Mayon Volcano (attraction)
  7. Caramoan (city)
  8. Calaguas Island (attraction)
  9. Boracay Island (island)
  10. Camiguin (metro area)
  11. Cebu City (city)
  12. Bohol (attraction)
  13. Chocolate Hills (attraction)
  14. Loboc River Cruise (attraction)

Random from Seattle

With 7000 Islands in the archipelago I tend to take it in parts. Last visit was to the VisayasIslands. Climb a volcano (Kanlaon) visit the chocolate hills of Bohol. Visit waterfalls (Bangon, Veriato, Tabokno.) Explore caves (Guinogo and Lungsod.) In between these adventures it is easy to find a small lonely island with a simple bungalow on the beach and nothing to do...

1. Visayas (attraction)

Joanna from Metro Manila

1. Palawan (city)
  2. Batanes (island)