Nisrine
Casablanca, Morocco

Philippines

9 days in philipines what itinerary ?

Hello,

I'm going to philipines for a week holiday mid april. Arriving friday night and leaving on sunday the week after from Manila. What itinerary would you recommand to have the feeling you've seen it all ? (Even if that's impossible-

Patrick from Quezon City, Philippines

Hello Nisrine! 

There's so many things to do in the Philippines and it would greatly depend on what you're looking for, where you're going to stay, budget, etc. 

But I would highly recommend to visit the following:

Palawan - contains beautiful beaches, rock formations, and shows a little bit of the culture of Filipinos

There's 3 main known towns in Palawan to go to; Puerto Princesa Citywhere you can see the Underground river which is one of the wonders of the world. I'd recommend staying 2 days here, second is El Nido where there are tons of beaches and islands to go to. I'd suggest staying here for 4 days to get out the most of it, third is Coron I'd suggest staying here for 3 days.

1. Palawan (attraction)
  2. Puerto Princesa City (city)
  3. El Nido (city)
  4. Coron (attraction)

Roman from Hilo

I have travelled the whole Philippines and here are some tips:

1) There is almost nothing to do in Manila  - it's very dirty, poor city and dangerous I'd say. But it is worth to see the Corregidor Island and it's fortress. (1-2 days, overnight bus to Baguio City)

2) But I recommend to leave Manila asap. Take the night bus to north. That is really beautiful, clean and relatively safe area. Start in the town called Baguio and from there take an overnight bus to Banaue - you must see the rice terraces and hanging coffins. (1 day Baguio, overnight bus, 2-3 days Banaue, overnight bus back south)

3) on the way north or on the way back to Manila - you can visit the area of Bolinao for its nice beaches. (1 day)

4) From Manila you can fly to:

A) Palawan island (I lived there for a month and it's just wow - the nature - except of Puerto Princesa City which is dirty) and travel the whole island (3-4 days)

B) Tagbilaran City, Boholand see the chocolate hills, beautiful beaches or visit the place where they breed the tarsiers. (2-3 days)

C) If you are a party person - Boracay Island 

I hope this will help

Roman

1. Manila (attraction)
  2. Corregidor Island (attraction)
  3. Baguio City (city)
  4. Banaue (attraction)
  5. Bolinao (city)
  6. Palawan (attraction)
  7. Puerto Princesa City (city)
  8. Tagbilaran City (city)
  9. Bohol (island)
  10. Boracay Island (attraction)