Juliana
Denver

Philadelphia

Philly Firstie

Headed to Philly for the first time!  Any must-do's?

Cynthia from Fleetwood, Pennsylvania

National Liberty Museum 621 Chestnut St and Chinatown Center City

1. National Liberty Museum (attraction)
  2. Chinatown (attraction)

Brett from Eindhoven

I love taking first-timers to Philadelphia on the Cheesesteak Challenge.  Visits to Pat's King of SteaksGeno's Steaks and Tony Luke's, with the ultimate question to be answered...who's your favorite? Judging based on the ever important factors: Bread, Meat, Cheese, and Overall.

1. Pat's King of Steaks (restaurant)
  2. Geno's Steaks (restaurant)
  3. Tony Luke's (restaurant)

I made my first Philly trip in March too.  You definitely need to do the obvious stuff:  Liberty Bell (make sure to purchase tickets to avoid lines), Independance Hall (tickets here too), Benjamin Franklins tomb and the cemetary.  My favorite place was Reading Terminal Market-tons of food stalls, all types!  Also some fun little markets to shop in!  Make sure to stop by Di Nic's and order the classic pork with pepper sandwich.  It will change your life!

My husband and I also took a tour of Eastern State Penitentiary.  Creepy as heck, but very historical-especially their thought processes at the time it was built.

1. Reading Terminal Market (restaurant)
  2. Di Nic's (attraction)
  3. Eastern State Penitentiary (attraction)

Jaleh from Baltimore

There are a ton of great things to check out! The Mütter Museum is always a crowd pleaser and an oddity museum that you can't really find elsewhere. If you want to save some money, my two favorite parks are Rittenhouse Square and Washington Square West, the former should still have a lot of activity going on as it's not too cold out yet. If you're into food stuff, Reading Terminal Market is a must and is perfect for lunch. If you're looking for something to do at night, my favorite bar is South Philadelphia and is called Royal TavernSouth St is also nearby and houses a number of stores to look through.

1. Mütter Museum (attraction)
  2. Rittenhouse Square (attraction)
  3. Washington Square West (attraction)
  4. Reading Terminal Market (restaurant)
  5. South Philadelphia (attraction)
  6. Royal Tavern (restaurant)
  7. South St (attraction)

Joanna from Los Angeles

Morning Glory Diner (the have weird hours so google it!) & Chickie's and Pete's crab fries & crab legs!

1. Morning Glory Diner (restaurant)
  2. Chickie's and Pete's (restaurant)

Mary from Pennsylvania

Definitely the touristy stuff The Liberty BellIndependence MallElfreth's Alley and Old City. For a casual Philly style lunch try the Reading Terminal MarketPhiladelphia Museum of Art is fabulous!

Have a great trip! 

1. The Liberty Bell (attraction)
  2. Independence Mall (attraction)
  3. Elfreth's Alley (attraction)
  4. Old City (attraction)
  5. Reading Terminal Market (restaurant)
  6. Philadelphia Museum of Art (attraction)

John

Well must do is a product of you ! Philadelphia is a great historical city and has some of the prettiest urban streets in the US. From that perspective Elfreth's Alley is a must.So is Rittenhouse Square and so is the wonderful street the Rosenbach Museum & Library and library are on- Delancey St.If you love art Philadelphia Is a great city ! The Philadelphia Museum of Art is one of the worlds great art museums.So is the Barnes Foundation.(near the art museum -it's not in Lower Merion Twp any more).The Italian Market a funky throw back is a must for food lovers.It's also a good beer drinking town, try Monk's Cafe and possibly Royal Tavern.Also there is good Vietnamese food.I recommend Le Viet  and Vietnam Restaurant.Finally there is the Soviet - Russian diaspora of Bustleton Ave.I recommend Uzbekistan  and Moldova Restaurant Philadelphia.There is much more there.I just scratched the surface !

1. Elfreth's Alley (attraction)
  2. Rittenhouse Square (attraction)
  3. Rosenbach Museum & Library (attraction)
  4. Delancey St (attraction)
  5. Philadelphia Museum of Art (attraction)
  6. Barnes Foundation (attraction)
  7. Italian Market (attraction)
  8. Monk's Cafe (restaurant)
  9. Royal Tavern (restaurant)
  10. Le Viet (attraction)
  11. Vietnam Restaurant (attraction)
  12. Bustleton Ave (attraction)
  13. Uzbekistan (restaurant)
  14. Moldova Restaurant Philadelphia (restaurant)