Craig
Bloomington (Minnesota)

Philadelphia

A Weekend in Philadelphia- Looking to add things to this itinerary

This will be my 3rd city I'm doing this in. The short version of this project is weekend travel on a very tight budget leaving after work on Friday and returning before work Monday.

I'll be visiting Philadelphia July 10-12th 2015 and was hoping you guys would be able to give me a perspective that I can't get just from the internet. I will be flying into TTN (Trenton) late Friday night and have until Sunday evening to pack in as much as I can. Here is what I have so far​.

The goal is to visit a lot of low cost attractions to complement anything more expensive I might do. In Minneapolis and Dallas, I did just over 20 things for about $160. I'll have about the same amount of time in Philadelphia, so end goal is about 20 attractions. I'll also be scouring Groupon as the time gets closer to see if anything unique pops up.

If you would be able to provide any insight on the list I have so far, suggest new things (attractions, best forms of transit, and especially food), or help out in any way, I would greatly appreciate it! For reference of how I plan on structuring the weekend as a whole, here is the video I made for Minneapolis and the one for Dallas

Scott from Philadelphia

Take a walk down South Street from about 8th Street. This is where you'll see the freaks, crazy stores, Jim's Steaks, ice cream shops, and its free. Continue down south until you hit the Delaware River. Visit Independence Seaport Museum, Penn's Landing, and see the river. have fun!

1. Jim's Steaks (restaurant)
  2. Independence Seaport Museum (attraction)
  3. Penn's Landing (attraction)

Danyelle from Philadelphia

Check out http://www.freetoursbyfoot.com/philadelphia-tours/food-tours/. It'll show you two different areas of the city, and it's really only the price of any food you buy. Or else The Liberty Bell and Independence Hall are both free. You can spend some time atSpruce Street Harbor Park - Philly's finally doing a good job of using the waterfront. It's fun people watching, good food and drinks. You could also go up into Northern Liberties and check out Yards Brewing Company. I'm pretty sure they do a free tour every weekend day around 2. If you do spend time on South Street, definitely stop by Philadelphia's Magic Gardens for $10. Also before you come check out http://www.uwishunu.com/ and you can see what neighborhood festivals are going on, or if any museums are free/discounted.

1. The Liberty Bell (attraction)
  2. Independence Hall (attraction)
  3. Spruce Street Harbor Park (attraction)
  4. Northern Liberties (neighborhood)
  5. Yards Brewing Company (restaurant)
  6. Philadelphia's Magic Gardens (attraction)

Eva from New York City

University of Pennsylvania has a few interesting museums and galleries on campus that are free. Nearby the Penn Museum has interesting exhibits. Federal Donuts is not exactly budget, but you can get a half chicken for about $9 with a doughnut - and it's amazing. Same chef as Zahav. 

Reading Terminal Market is a mix of tourists, conventioneers and locals, but there are some great, moderate priced options for lunch. 

I'm running out so didn't have time to watch your video - hope this is on the right track.

If you need a budget hotel that isn't a youth hostel, Club Quarters Philadelphia is well located and reasonable. 

1. University of Pennsylvania (attraction)
  2. Penn Museum (attraction)
  3. Federal Donuts (restaurant)