Kelly
St. Louis

Koh Phi Phi

Where is an affordable yet decent place to stay in Koh Phi Phi!

And is it worth seeing the other islands surrounding?

Cameron from Salt Lake City

Kelly,

There are a ton of places on Koh Phi Phi that are affordable and comfortable, however, everyone's definition of affordable and comfortable are different. I personally enjoy the Phi Phi Andaman Legacy. They always have a luggage service that will take your bags from the ferry to the hotel and back. I recommend looking on agoda.com for hotels on Phi Phi. That being said, most of the time you can find a better deal by showing up without a room and going to the hotel front desk when you arrive and inquire, although there is a risk they are sold out, especially during high season. I have never had a problem finding a hotel room, although, once I didn't get my first hotel choice. I have never stayed in the hostel style hotels, although I have had friends who have, who say that they are comfortable. For a bungalow with shower and a/c, I have paid as low at $20US a night. Hostel style rooms, I have seen as low as $8US with a/c. The Andaman is usually around $50US, includes breakfast and has a pool.

As far as traveling to other islands, I say go for it, if you have time! Each island has it's own feel and are all a good time! Hope this helps!

1. Phi Phi Andaman Legacy (hotel)

tami from New York City

I just came back from my honeymoon and spent 6 amazing days on Railay Beach on Krabi. It was incredible. We took a day trip bouncing around  Bamboo Island, Maya Bay and Koh Phi Phi Don and some snorkeling. I am sure you can do a similar trip to Railay. I will say that my absolute favorite beach day was Chicken Island (30 min from Koh Phi Phi and 10 from Railay). I could have spent a whole day there. Clearest water and sand bars and a little restaurant but much fewer people than the others.  If you can spend a day/afternoon on Railay Beach West, the beach is beautiful, some great restaurants and hiking/climbing, massages on the beach, etc. 

1. Railay Beach (attraction)
  2. Krabi (city)
  3. Bamboo Island (attraction)
  4. Maya Bay (island)
  5. Koh Phi Phi (city)
  6. Chicken Island (attraction)

Lauren from Oklahoma City

Ko Lanta is amazing, so is Koh Lipe. They are not as touristy and just as beautiful. 

1. Koh Lipe (city)
  2. Ko Lanta (city)

Scott

Outrigger Phi Phi Island Resort & Spa on Koh Phi Phi kicked back , okay rates, great beach. 

Kelly yes u should see other islands by boat . It's cheap and the snorkeling and diving is great. Beware of the seasons in Thailand . November thru March is ideal.

1. Outrigger Phi Phi Island Resort & Spa (hotel)
  2. Koh Phi Phi (city)

Daniel

Koh Phi Phi is simply amazing, no need to go anywhere else except for some daytrips. You can find good and cheap bungalows very well placed at the island. Hope I could help

1. Koh Phi Phi (city)

David

If you're going during the peak months December-January you'll have a tough time finding accommodations. I would book something before leaving Phuket or Ko Lanta.  

1. Phuket (city)
  2. Ko Lanta (city)