Kasia
Stavanger

Peru, Chile

Zika in South America

So according to the all news Zika is almost everywhere in South America. Question: Should we consider cancellation of our trip there? 

Sunny from Santa Monica

Hi Kasia! Unfortunately, this is a decision that no one else can make for you, as it involves health. We recommend that people traveling to areas where there may be Zika to (1) contact their tour operator to discuss, (2) do some research on what areas are affected and see if the areas affected are on your itinerary. As I deal with US travelers, we suggest consulting the CDC website (http://www.cdc.gov/zika/), (3) speak to your primary care physician and discuss what's best for you. For example, it is not recommended that women that are pregnant or may become/are trying to become pregnant travel to areas with Zika. I hope you and your doctor can determine together if you should travel to Peru. And if not now, then I hope you are able to visit there at a later date. Buen viaje!