Alexander
Stockholm

Peru

Where are the best beaches in Peru?

Going to Peru in a few days. Will be there for almost two months.

Would like to relax and just take it really easy about one week before going home :)

I heard alot about Mancora, but also heard that it has lots of problems with drugs...

Where are the best beaches around Peru?

Melanie from Los Angeles

I spent about 3 months in Peru and have to say Mancora was wonderful. We stayed at Loki Hostel Cusco which was more like a beach resort, lots of fun events and great local restaurants. Also, if you head south or north from there, you will find some more quiet destinations a bit more luxury and peace.

1. Mancora (city)
  2. Loki Hostel Cusco (hotel)

Ernesto from Lima (Peru)

Hi Alex,

Mancora is located in the north part of Lima, you can get there by plane to Piura or Tumbes, in both cases have to take a bus or taxi from the city to the beach, aprox 1 or 2 hrs depending on which city.

Mancora is one of the beaches located in that part, there are other beautiful ones near and a lot of hostels, hotels to choose. 

I recommend you check out Zorritos or Punta Sal beach, and near Mancora, Pocitas.

Mancora beach for me is no so nice like the others I mentioned. I have a friend that has a hotel in Zorritos, if you are interested or have other question feel free to write. ernesto.saba@gmail.com

1. Piura (city)
  2. Tumbes (city)
  3. Mancora (city)
  4. Zorritos (city)
  5. Punta Sal (hotel)
  6. Pocitas (neighborhood)

Amy from Florida

The only beach I visited in Peru was Lima, in the barrio of Miraflores Lima. It was a disappointment. However, I have heard that there are nice beaches in Lima; I just wasn't there very long.

Arequipa advertises it has a beach, but I've been told the beach is actually very far from the city and nothing to write home about.

I have heard amazing things about Mancora from the locals in Cusco, but I've never been.

1. Lima (attraction)
  2. Miraflores Lima (city)
  3. Mancora (city)

Tye from Seattle, Washington

Mancora is the best beach in Peru, but that's not saying a whole lot. If you can make it to Ecuador, the beaches are much nicer, and Brazil and Colombia are even better. If you go to Mancora anyway, know that there are rocks and coral in many areas of the beach and your feet will get torn up. Explore Peru for other things, not beaches, and you'll be fine. :)

1. Mancora (city)