Gustavo Andrés
Lima (Peru)

Peru, Tarapoto, Amazonas

What about the Jungle in Peru?

Hi. I've been living in Lima for almost 3 months and I haven't heard much about the Jungle part of Peru. I been told that Tarapoto is a nice place to experience but I'm sure that there are a lot more places that have the awesomeness of the Amazonas. 

Any suggestions about places to visit, food to eat, travel expenses, transport and acommodations will be much appreciated. 

Matt from Bracebridge, Ontario

When I went to Peru I did visit Tarapoto briefly.  There are some waterfalls there, however I think the activities are more limited.  Iquitos is a popular destination in the jungle, with river cruises and lots of activities to choose from.  It is also known for good nightlife.

For semi-jungle, Chachapoyas is really interesting too!  They have a number of ruins to see there, and it's very remote.  The bus ride there takes a lonng time but it's amazing.  There is a waterfall there which is one of the largest in the world.

1. Tarapoto (city)
  2. Iquitos (city)
  3. Chachapoyas (city)