Simon
Portland, Oregon

Peru, Trujillo, Cajamarca

Trujillo, Cajamarca, and Chan Chan Recommendations

Hola Amigos,

My partner and I are heading to Trujillo, and the nearby ruins of Chan Chan in a few weeks. Looking for recommendations for cool places to stay, eat, and check out.

After that, were heading to the city of Cajamarca, the last stand of the Incan Empire. Looking for any recommendations for good and cheap places to stay, things to do, and places to eat in Cajamarca. 

Also, if any archaeologists or experts are in the crowd, can someone recommend a good way to go about finding a non-touristy tour of the Chan Chan ruins? Or is it the kind of place that is better to be explored on one's own? 

Open to any other suggestions for the Trujillo area. 

Bruno

You can see it on your own and if you change your mind or miss explanations its easy to get paid help. Chan Chan is small. It's no Luxor.

I would stay in Huanchaco.

1. Chan Chan (attraction)
  2. Huanchaco (attraction)