Bethany
Thousand Oaks, California

Peru

Agencies & Trails to Machu Picchu?

I am planning a trip to Peru for mid-late January 2016. I intend to hike one of the trails up to Machu Picchu and looking for advice on which licensed agency to use, as well as signing up for a spot on the trail (I hear the government limits spots per day). I went on the latter's website and when I selected January 2016, no spots popped up! (It just showed zero). Any advice how to go about this would be great!

Pablo from Chañaral, Chile

Hi, we used Perurail and it worked really well, beware that on January you will probably have rains, and you have to buy your tickets to Machu Picchu on advance on machupicchu.gob.pe

Keith from Denver

We went with Andean Treks and had an amazing guide. I think it largely depends on who's guiding you.. wish I could remember his name! Overall the company was great. http://www.andeantreks.com/

Mobile