Ann

Perth

5 Day, 4 night itinerary from Perth to Albany to Perth

Hoping for suggestions for self-drive itinerary for hubby and I. Would like to experience a little of the major tourism areas. Arrive early am Sunday in May (pick up hire car) in Fremantle then depart late pm Thurs out of Perth airport. (4 nights/5 full days). Would like to spend time in Fremantle and Perth then head south. Plan to drive directly from Albany back up to Perth airport on departure day. Don't need 5* accommodation but must be clean and comfortable (no backpacking though!). Any helpful suggestions are most welcome.

Caitlin

Hi Ann! I would highly suggest visiting the Margaret River region on your way to Albany, especially if you like food and wine. The number of restaurants, wineries and shops would be enough to keep you occupied for days, as well as some beautiful walking and scenic sightseeing and drives. Margaret River town is slightly south (about a 40 minute drive) from Dunsboroughwhich is also good to visit on your way down, it has some lovely beaches. Dunsborough is also very close to Busselton, which is a bigger town, although not particularly exciting in my opinion. Denmark is also a very scenic and beautiful, and very close to Albany. For scenery, I would highly recommend visiting  The Gap in Albany! Also Elephant Rocks and Greens Pool are beautiful, both about 15km from Denmark. If you are into hiking you can climb Bluff Knoll, which is very close to Albany. I haven't done this myself, so can't comment on how strenuous it is, but apparently the view is stunning, and there's information online about it. I hope you enjoy your trip!

1. Margaret River (city)
  2. Albany (city)
  3. Dunsborough (attraction)
  4. Busselton (city)
  5. Denmark (attraction)
  6. The Gap (attraction)
  7. Elephant Rocks (attraction)
  8. Greens Pool (attraction)
  9. Bluff Knoll (attraction)