Rachel

People always ask my must-packs—what's one thing you never travel without?

What's one thing you never leave home without when traveling? Your passport doesn't count :) 

Chase from Seattle

Sounds boring and very un-sexy, but earplugs have saved the day so many times for me.  I'm a light sleeper...so that guy snoring in the next train car?  Earplugs.  Late nite, need to sleep in past the hotel maid banging around? Earplugs.  Need to sleep on the plane? Earplugs PLUS noise canceling bose headphones.  Goodnight. 

JR from Manhattan Beach

I always bring a hoodie for the flight. If you get a seat right under the vent and it's blowing cold air the whole time, then I get sick for sure. I know, i'm an orchid, but seriously what is worse than being sick on a trip? So I compensate with layers that I can pull over my head. I've even been known to put it on backwards to help keep me warm and to sleep. :)

Annette from Gold Coast

My cashmere wrap that I can use 5 ways! You?

Johnny from Manhattan Beach

My iPhone 6 Plus and laptop. But a good eye mask and ear plugs are a must.

Travis from Woodstock, Ontario

Other than stuff that's been covered I'd add:

• Super comfortable underwear that washes and dries quickly.
  • Back up battery for phone
  • Good podcasts and audiobooks
  • A lacrosse ball - this is my newest addition - works for a good, quick foot massage and I use it all the time to work out knots in my back (something you might know about Chase Jarvis Inc?).  I put it up against a wall and use my weight to get the massage I need.

1. Chase Jarvis Inc (attraction)

Susan from Manhattan Beach

Since I have kids, there are several things that are "must packs": 

1. Mini first aid kit - I make my own and take a few of each essential: band-aids, Neosporin, mucinex, allergy medication, advil/aleve, cough drops, anti-diarrheal, mini sewing kit, aquaphor, and thermometer. 

2. spare set of clothes (for each child and me) in my carry on bag

3. snacks & entertainment

4. copies of kids medical records/  copies of everyone's passports

5. phone charger/extra battery pack

Krista from San Francisco

There are so many things, but I *really* love my S'well bottle. Not only does it keep water cold seemingly forever, but it also keeps tea and coffee hot - meaning it will last for long plane/bus/train rides. Essential for staying hydrated (and awake) when crossing time zones. :)

Breanna from Los Angeles

Face wipes are CLUTCH! On the plane, when I'm in the middle of an adventure, when I don't have time to shower before dinner (who has time for that!) - they're perfect everywhere!

Maria João

Camera first and forever, now, sometimes  the iPad, or iPhone is also well, but always something that will allow me to take pictures :-)

Diana from Willow Grove

Beats headphone....nothing worse than a long flight with screaming kids!! Oh, and sperrys....perfect for walking, and causal/dressy!

G from Santa Monica

My tip would be packing cubes.  Ideal for staying organized on multi-stop trips.  Packing Cubes

Jae from Singapore

An open mind to experience and absorb the adventure!

Amy from Jacksonville

Sunglasses! Because it's offing bright out there on light blue eyes and who wants a migraine when you're discovering the world's best treasures!

Kristal from San Francisco

As most people mentioned, I can't leave without my camera, but 2 things that I always have on hand are chapstick and hand cream. Being up in the air just makes skin dry so those are my two quick fixes. I hate the feeling of dry hands and seeing as i'm already addicted to chapstick, it's something I can't forget. 

Brett from Long Beach

Just my phone.  If I don't have that with me, I'm in trouble.

Johnny from Las Vegas

Of course... Underwear!  A belt, depending on your clothes.  For men, a razor.

Laura from Buenos Aires

Camera, notebook, something to read (= my tablet), a scarf, dramamine for sure, sleeping mask and flip flops. 

Ups, that's a lot!

Samia from Bangladesh

Camera, notebook and pens. 

My camera or iPhone or sunglasses

Gravol/Dramamine 

Michael from New York City

Anti-bacterial hand wipes.

A lightweight fleece pullover in case of rain/damp/cooler conditions. Great for layering.

Hand moisturizer--I wash my hands constantly when I travel and the air on planes is always so dry that my hands get dried out. I'm always so happy I have it! 

Before iPhones I used to take a little compass on a keychain. People made fun of me for it but it was great, especially when I'd exit a metro stop and be completely turned around.  

I always travel with a U.S. passport regulation-sized picture. I once had my passport stolen abroad and I wasted two full vacation days calling places, trying to find one that would take a passport picture the right size. 

Erica from Detroit

A pair of jeans and T shirts, and yes Camera is a must. 

Risa from San Francisco

Stretchy braided travel clothesline that holds corners so nothing blows away!

Steven from Atlanta

Kindle. Always want to have the chance to find a nice spot to sit and read for a bit. 

Tony

Clothes pins, great for keeping drapes shut so sunlight doesn't come in and for hanging things to dry in the bathroom. 

Elaine from Norfolk

A zippered soft cosmetic bag in brigbrbright color to hold all cords, chargers, or otherr electronic type accessory AND lots of various size plastic bags....dirty laundry, shoes, paper items, tissue, and for bringing back liquud items..jus t returned with leaky ligonberry liquer which leaked slightly BUT was self contained in 3 plastic bags !

Eddie

meds

Kelly from Rome

I'm an artist and so always travel wth a small sketchbook, waterbrush (a brush that holds its own water) and tiny altoids tin with 4 watercolor pans in it. While I love taking pictures, a sketchbook journal creates a unique experience that I cherish and remember forever.

Stephen "Sven" from Florida

My Cell Phone. It has a GPS in it, MAPS, important numbers like the Embassy, compass, my Google Money, internet access and more. Totally lot with out it.

Have a few but will stick to one answer. My giant, plastic, hermetically sealed, stinky clothes bag! Its got a zipper on the top and you can push all the air out of it so that it lies flat in your suitcase and does not take up much space. It is essential when you want to pack light and keep stuff separate and fresh.

Rhonda from Auckland

For me the difference between a successful trip and a fail, is a whether or not I bring my sense of humor. It is the one thing that gets me past airport security, that annoying person sitting next to me on the plane, lost luggage, random taxi rides and traveling with teens.  On a more serious note, I my list of top ten travel essentials can be found here: http://www.albomadventures.com/essential-things-to-bring/

jessica from New York City

Pepto bismol.  I like to enjoy the night life & local cuisine every where I go so be prepared. Especially if you're an adventurous eater or a margarita connoisseur like me because being in a foreign country and trying to explain to a local pharmacist through Mime actions what you're feeling and need is not fun.

Brian from Auckland

My iPhone with a pair of noise cancelling headphone. 

Nelson Perez

Number one in the list is my credit card 

2. Cash

3. Smart Phone

4. Good Headphone

5. flip flops

Rolf

Soft ear plugs !!

Lee from Merced

My incontinent pads.  When I gotta go,  I gotta go !

Vince from Sarasota

Toilet paper and trail mix

Aushad from New Delhi

My camera, to make sure i capture every moment.

Keith from Bowness-on-Windermere

Notebook, pen and camera!