Theresa
Brooks (Alberta)

Peniche

Another town to visit in peniche area

I'm in Porto now for 4 days, then one night sleep in Castle in Mealhada and then 2 nights in Peniche. I fly out the 25th @ 12:15pm from Lisbon. I love nature and photography and want to know what to do (which town) after peniche, before I fly out. Alone (older) Traveller on budget.

Avelino

The best in Peniche is the boat trip to Berlengas, that will fill a full day. You need to book in advance. Near Peniche, Obidos is a top destination. If you're planning a stop in the way to Lisbon from Peniche, then Mafra and Ericeira may be the best options, according to your tastes. I don't know your plans to Lisbon, but I believe that they include Sintra, otherwise Sintra would replace Mafra as the best stop.

1. Peniche (city)
  2. Berlengas (attraction)
  3. Obidos (city)
  4. Mafra (city)
  5. Ericeira (attraction)
  6. Lisbon (city)
  7. Sintra (attraction)

Obidos is very close to Peniche and would be an obvious choice to stop for a night. It's a very scenic little town where you can take some great photos. Especially early in the morning and at sunset when all the day trippers have gone home.

1. Obidos (city)
  2. Peniche (city)

Theresa from Brooks (Alberta)

Great help, thx. I was just in obidos for 1.5 day was blessed to be there during Medieval fair. However I'm getting tired of "chasing" the next good spot and would just like to "sit by the ocean" now. Of places around Peniche should I rather consider to stay until I need to leave for flight. Rather extend Peniche or choose another town near it for 4 days?

1. Peniche (city)