Weather in May in Phuket

Hi , we're thinking of going to Patong Beach next May. Whats the weather like then? Should be there first 3 weeks of May. Are the beaches still calm then?  We went there years ago in June, it  was wet a few days but had lots of sun too. Only thing we did notice was the beaches were rougher and a daytrip to Kong Island Maya Bay had to be postponed due to seas being too rough. All info appreciated. 

• Don Hawkins Jr

May is the bridge month from Dry Season to Monsoon. Rain will generally increase over that time and through the end of Monsoon. Temperatures are normally in the mid to upper 70s (F) for lows and around 90 for highs with very high humidity (approx. 85%). This is also the time of year where the seas can become more rough.

Enjoy your trip!

• Elly S.

Elly S.

Have you been there in May ? Patong beach area still busy at that time ? Is it very wet or just showers occasionally? Been there in June , was a bit wet but got sunshine most of the time. Thanks for your help · (0 likelikes)

• Don H.

Don H.

I've been there in both April and May. I have doubts about trying to predict the weather. I think odds are it might be what you experienced before. Then again, it might be a deluge! My experience was that the beach was not that busy after the holiday. · (0 likelikes)

• ·
    • ·

Send Don a Thank You Note