Trevor

Paso Robles

Where should I eat in Paso Robles?

I'm going to Paso Robles (a town in central California's wine region) with a group of friends in 2 weeks. What restaurants should I look into? I'm open to hearing about those in all price ranges, but at the end of the day, would probably prefer something more casual and that won't break the bank. Thanks!

Shayne from Templeton

Paso Robles has a good variety of restaurants to offer depending of what you are looking for.  For a more casual atmosphere with prices that won't break the bank I'd definitely hit Firestone Walker Brewery.Another great spot is Pier 46 Seafood Market.  I eat here at least once a week and you won't go wrong with the fish taco's.

For a bit more of a splurge check out Il Cortile just off the park in downtown Paso Robles.  This Italian restaurant is owned by the same couple that owns La Cosecha (which is also great) and has one of my favorite menu's in Paso Robles.  They even have a burrata menu and a killer wine list. Finally, if you happen to be in Paso on a Tuesday check out Villa Creek Restaurant.  They do a great "Taco Tuesday" in the bar that is a lot of fun and where a lot of the local winemakers like to hang out.Happy Eating!!

1. Firestone Walker Brewery (attraction)
  2. Pier 46 Seafood Market (restaurant)
  3. Il Cortile (restaurant)
  4. La Cosecha (attraction)
  5. Villa Creek Restaurant (restaurant)

Valerie from Los Angeles

Paso Robles is pricey area, most of the restaurants around will burn holes in a few pockets but there's great food in that area, so worth it right? 

La Cosecha is a fun place. Some of the best ceviche i've ever had and the staff is super friendly! Its a Spanish/South American inspired restaurant so they know what is good with those spices. 

Firestone Walker Brewery is awesome. Great beer and good food. Don't miss the tour, the staff was really engaging and knowledgeable. One of my favorite brewery tours and good for big groups. 

This may be a little over your budget, but its worth mentioning if you all want to splurge. Artisan has great food and a good drink menu. Im all about their ambiance too if you're into the dimly lit room thing. They're pretty accommodating for larger groups as well! Oh and their dessert selection...don't even get me started on that. The best blueberry crisp i've ever had.

Hope that helps, have fun! 

1. La Cosecha (attraction)
  2. Firestone Walker Brewery (attraction)
  3. Artisan (restaurant)

K from Paso Robles

I agree with the previous recommendations and also want to tell you about Goshi Japanese Restaurant by the train station in Paso for fabulous sushi in a peaceful atmosphere,  

Basil Thai Restaurant, by the park has very tasty Thai food, and on the other side of the park- Robert's Restaurant and Bar if you want a classy steak dinner.

1. Goshi Japanese Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Basil Thai Restaurant (restaurant)
  3. Robert's Restaurant and Bar (restaurant)