Erica
Bakersfield

Paris, Italy

Paris vs Italy- where should we go?

Would Paris or Italy be better for first time travelers?

Wow, it's not easy to choose. What do you like to do? Do you have much time? When are you planning to go? I love both Paris and Italy Paris is particularly lovely in late Spring or Autumn -  in the Summer it can get very hot and crowded (except in mid-August when most Parisians go South)

My heart belongs to Italy and I have to get my fix a couple of times a year. Luckily we have some low cost airlines! These are my favourite places in Italy:

Rome Florence Siena Venice Verona Province of Bergamo Parma Modena and Puglia

If you like cities and travelling by train you could easily combine Florence, Siena, Parma and Modena in a week and also see quite a lot of Tuscany and UmbriaAs an alternative you could also fly into Metropolitan City of Genoa and visit the Cinque Terre and Portofino Coast then travel down to Lucca and FlorenceOr fly to Metropolitan City of Bari or Brindisi hire a car and tour Puglia visiting Ostuni Lecce Alberobello and Gallipoli

It's not difficult to combine a few days in Paris with a week or two in Italy using a low cost airline like Ryanair and maybe flying to Paris from California and back through Rome or Milan

2. Italy (country)
  5. Siena (metro area)
  7. Verona (metro area)
  8. Province of Bergamo (metro area)
  9. Parma (metro area)
  10. Modena (metro area)
  11. Puglia (state)
  12. Tuscany (state)
  13. Umbria (attraction)
  14. Metropolitan City of Genoa (metro area)
  15. Cinque Terre (hotel)
  16. Portofino Coast (attraction)
  17. Lucca (metro area)
  18. Metropolitan City of Bari (metro area)
  19. Brindisi (metro area)
  20. Ostuni (city)
  21. Lecce (metro area)
  22. Alberobello (city)
  23. Gallipoli (city)
  24. Milan (city)

Marie from New York State

I spent a month in Italy, took my time. I visited Rome, FlorenceVenice (saw George Clooney...what a specimen!) and went on Brunello wine tour of Tuscany. I would suggest Tuscany Tours with Rebecca Wine. She took us on a private tour of 4 wineries and we ate with the owners! You can find her on facebook, she is awesome! We chose not to book tours with a bunch of cattle and it worked on our own. I'm italian so my roots are there. I do plan to go back to So. Italy soon. The food no matter where you are at is fabulous! By the way, I went in Sept. And the weather was great!

1. Italy (country)
  5. Tuscany (state)

Haleigh from Paris

Hey Erica! Wow that is such a tough question, but to tell you the truth...you can't lose. After living and traveling both extensively I know you will love both no matter what you choose. I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending one over the other but I can tell you if you prefer the city feel and like "chic" and romantic stuff then Paris might be more your place. Also if you are planning to just visit one city for that week, then you should go to Paris as a week here you will not be bored at all! If you are planning to move around a lot and do lots of town, Italy would be better. You would be bored in Rome after three or four days as a tourist, but you can easily afterward pop down to Sicily or Toarmina or something. The food in Italy will also be amazing. You can't lose either way!