Lisa

Lisa from Los Angeles asked

Paris in December

Hi! Heading to Paris for a week in December. Very excited. The last time I was in Paris was about 6 years ago in the Spring. Any suggestions for the best way to experience Paris in winter? 

I would go ice skating! There's a great outdoor public rink in front of the Hôtel de Ville! Right in the center of town and such a beautiful place to go skating especially at night! 

I would also go for a hot chocolate at THE hot chocolate place in Paris--Angélina.

Personally, I'd curl up with a good book at Shakespeare and Company. Great place to go in the winter when it's freezing outside and you just want to be someplace cozy! 

And make sure you check out all the Christmas windows! Hermès is known for really beautiful ones. Printemps always has nice ones as does GALERIES LAFAYETTE

1. Hôtel de Ville (attraction)
  2. Angélina (attraction)
  3. Shakespeare and Company (attraction)
  4. Hermès (attraction)
  5. Printemps (attraction)
  6. GALERIES LAFAYETTE (attraction)
Terry from Sarasota

I would assume that you realize that the average temperature will be approximately 5 degrees centigrade?  So that means that you have to bring some warm gear, and it will not impact your fun there!  Get yourself a Paris Metro pass, so you can traverse the city to your heart's content!

By the way, one huge advantage of December, is that the tourists will not be clogging up all the National treasures and places to visit.