harmony
Marina Del Rey

Paris, France

Where is the best shopping in Paris?

Paris Shopping? According to Audrey Hepburn, I hear its always a good idea! Does anyone have any recommendations of unique & fabulous shopping boutiques in Paris & also in London? I am hoping to find "one of kind" "can't get in the USA" type boutiques. Looking for chic & contemporary clothing & accessories & spectacular shoes!! Any info you provide will be greatly appreciated, Merci Beaucoup!!!

Hi, Harmony,

You've been given some great advice here--Rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré is one of my favorite shopping streets in the world! In fact, one of my all-time most favorite stores, Chantal Thomass is there and it is over-the-top Parisian. It's a lingerie/clothing store that is truly unique to that city. Fifi Chachnil is another adorable very French lingerie/clothing store on the same street. 

Pep's is also pretty incredible--it's a place that makes and repairs custom umbrellas and it's real Paris institution.

For perfume I would try Annick Goutal or Diptyque although Diptyque is in American stores now. 

For anything really au courant, I would say Colette for sure and also Merci which has pretty much been the hottest store in Paris for about four years. All the money the store makes goes to charity. 

I would also try Jean-Paul Gaultier which is very, very French. 

My favorite stores by far, though, are the thrift shops or "depot-ventes". They have amazing things--CHANEL CAMBON, Hermès, etc. as well as some lower-end stuff like agnès b. femme (another one of my Paris favorites). My two favorites are Chercheminippes and Réciproque. If you go to Chercheminippes, be sure to also hit Serendipity which sells really cool one-or-a-kind hand-made items by local artists. 

If you want to try going the flea market route, my favorite is the one on the  Porte de Vanves. The prices are MUCH cheaper than the one at the Porte de Clignancourt and it's relatively tourist-free. 

Boutique Repetto and Sartore are probably my two favorite places for shoes (BTW--it's not Sartre, it's Sartore--looks like we have a little glitch). 

A couple other random streets/places that are great for shopping: 

Palais-Royal - an outdoor arcade that has some beautiful little boutiques 

Viaduc des Arts - a long, long street of boutiques that are mostly also artist studios (a couple of cool places that sell clothing there)

Quartier Du Marais - this whole neighborhood is like a shopper's dream come true. 

Have fun--can't wait to see what you bought!
C

1. Rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré (attraction)
  2. Chantal Thomass (attraction)
  3. Fifi Chachnil (attraction)
  4. Pep's (attraction)
  6. Annick Goutal (attraction)
  7. Diptyque (attraction)
  8. Colette (attraction)
  9. Merci (attraction)
  10. Jean-Paul Gaultier (attraction)
  11. CHANEL CAMBON (attraction)
  12. Hermès (attraction)
  13. agnès b. femme (attraction)
  14. Chercheminippes (attraction)
  15. Réciproque (attraction)
  16. Serendipity (attraction)
  17. Porte de Vanves (attraction)
  18. Porte de Clignancourt (attraction)
  19. Boutique Repetto (attraction)
  20. Sartore (attraction)
  21. Palais-Royal (attraction)
  22. Viaduc des Arts (attraction)
  23. Quartier Du Marais (attraction)

Kamel from Paris

Hello Harmony,

You will love Paris for shopping!

I can recommend several famous streets to walk and find chic clothing and accessories:

1. Rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré
  2. Avenue Montaigne
  3. Boulevard Haussmann 

To be more precise, I would tell you to visit these following exclusive malls and boutiques:

1. Galeries Lafayette Homme
  2. Le Bon Marché
  3. Colette

For original shoes, I'm sure you have heard about Christian Louboutin, very famous here or Gaspard Yurkievich very creative also. 

Enjoy Paris! 

2. Avenue Montaigne (attraction)
  3. Boulevard Haussmann (attraction)
  4. Galeries Lafayette Homme (attraction)
  5. Le Bon Marché (attraction)
  6. Colette (attraction)
  7. Christian Louboutin (attraction)
  8. Gaspard Yurkievich (attraction)

Rachel from Los Angeles

Too many to name, but a few of my must-stops in Paris are Didier Ludot, Colette, Montaigne market and Scarlett.

1. Didier Ludot (attraction)
  2. Colette (attraction)
  3. Montaigne market (attraction)
  4. Scarlett (attraction)

Sabrina from Geneva

Of course Colette! http://www.colette.fr/

You also have Rick Owenshttps://www.rickowens.eu/en/stores/paris 

Le 66(A very cool concept store) http://www.le66.fr/about-fr_fr/

Heschung a french manufacture footwear (but not only carrying footwear) http://www.heschung.com/en/

L'Eclaireur go visit their fabulous website! http://www.leclaireur.com/en/

Le Palais des Congrès de Paris -http://www.lesboutiquesdupalais.com/W/do/centre/boutiques

Galerie du Claridge there is a Store in the back of the Gallerie towards Rue Ponthieu exit I forgot the name but they have very hype Clothing & Swarovski Crystals licensed to embed on clothing & sneakers Im sure you will find what you desire there! Plenty of choices & You can SHOP Till you drop Enjoy!

1. Colette (attraction)
  2. Rick Owens (attraction)
  3. Le 66 (attraction)
  4. Heschung (attraction)
  5. L'Eclaireur (attraction)
  6. Le Palais des Congrès de Paris (attraction)
  7. Galerie du Claridge (attraction)

Scott from San Francisco

The classics are Galeries Lafayette Homme and Printemps which is next door.  These are must see.  Especially Galeries Lafayette if for no other reason that to soak in the splendor of the magnificent architecture and of course, an insider secret is to go onto the rooftop for a view that might be the best view in all of Paris.  But to me the best shopping area is in the Boulevard Saint-Germain area in the 6th Arrondissement and 5th arrondissement  - explore up and down the side streets of course.  So many wonderful unique little shops, plus some of the best chocolate and pastry shops in the world including Pierre Hermé ParisGérard Mulot, Ladurée Eric Kayser.  

1. Galeries Lafayette Homme (attraction)
  2. Printemps (attraction)
  3. Boulevard Saint-Germain (attraction)
  4. 6th Arrondissement (neighborhood)
  5. 5th arrondissement (attraction)
  6. Pierre Hermé Paris (attraction)
  7. Gérard Mulot (restaurant)
  8. Ladurée (restaurant)
  9. Eric Kayser (restaurant)

Roxanne from Montreal

I agree with all the answers given.  I have a tip for you, put your suitecase in a bigger one.  Take one size up of your prefered case.  The idea is to have an empty suitecase to put all your purchases.  Take the minimum with you when you go so that you don't over load on your return.

In London, go to Selfridges. Yes, the store of the fame PBS series.  It's mostly for the store than the bying, but who knows you may find something out of the ordinary, like a typical bolder hat... very British !

2. Selfridges (attraction)

Yoana from Santa Ana

Champs-Élysées .. aka Rodeo Drive of Paris. It's right by the Arc de Triomphe! Enjoy!

1. Champs-Élysées (attraction)
  2. Arc de Triomphe (attraction)

Cristina from Salamanca, Spain

I really love shopping in Quartier Du Marais a fashionable-historic district in Paris, as well as Saint-Germain-des-Présin the left bank. These places aren´t in the more traditional shopping routes but are much more charming and "parisien".

1. Quartier Du Marais (attraction)
  2. Saint-Germain-des-Prés (neighborhood)

Linda from Poulsbo

Shopping in London is so much fun! Head to some of the markets for unique finds, also hit Regents Street, love Liberty's and shops in the alleyways surrounding, try visiting Fortnum and Mason. Great city for window shopping on Bond Street. Also fun area is Covent Gardens and surrounding West End for unique and authentic English made accessories, etc. Don't care for Harrods, a mob of tourists, nearby though is Harvey Nichols, very British, a great restaurant on 5th floor for a nice lunch and good people watching.

Edna from Paris

I don't shop often but I shop well in Paris -- my favorite scarf (which I get complimented on all the time!) is from Galeries Lafayette Maison and my favorite place in all of Paris to buy shoes is Minelli (it's a chain so there's shops all over Paris, but I've never found more classy or comfortable heels and boots than Minelli)!

1. Galeries Lafayette Maison (attraction)
  2. Minelli (attraction)

Colette......sigh

1. Colette (attraction)