Kirsty

Where is the best place to get French Onion Soup in Paris?

I had the best french onion soup in Canada a few years ago, with little bits of bread in it and cheese, it was delicious but I want to eat something similar again. I'm going to Paris in January and wanted to know if anyone knows of a nice place to get this! 

Victoria from Riga

Try Le Malakoff (6 Place du Trocadéro et du 11 Novembre) with beautiful views of Eiffel Tower;and of course A la Petite Chaise.

also at La Jacobine, BofingerChez Jenny (39,boulevard du Temple, 75003 Paris).

1. A la Petite Chaise (restaurant)
  2. La Jacobine (restaurant)
  3. Bofinger (restaurant)
  4. Le Malakoff (restaurant)
  5. Chez Jenny (restaurant)

Carina from San Francisco

I thought I had experienced the best French Onion soups out there, until I had a hearty bowl of it at  Le Royal Brasserie in Paris. Tucked into a tiny alleyway on Rue de Grenelle, about ten walking minutes away from the Eiffel Tower, this is the epitome of French bistro food. It's not overbearingly filled with onions, and they sautee them before putting them in the soup so that it have more of the onion's sweeter flavors. If you go, try the croque monsier as well!

1. Le Royal Brasserie (restaurant)