Patrick
Dana Point

Where are the best running routes in Paris, France?

Morning runs and probably earlier than the Luxemberg gardens open. Where are the best routes for this?

Michael from Tacoma

The Coulée verte René-Dumont or Promenade plantée (Coulée verte) (French for tree-lined walkway) or(French for green course) is a 4.7 km (2.9 mi) elevated linear park built on top of obsolete railway infrastructure in the 12th arrondissement of ParisFrance. It was inaugurated in 1993. The High Line in Manhattan was modeled after this elevated park. The west end of the park begins not far from the Bastille Opera House. The following link has more information and several photos: http://www.messynessychic.com/2012/07/06/paris-secret-park-in-the-sky-the-original-high-line/

I plan to visit the park when I return to Paris. 

1. Promenade plantée (Coulée verte) (attraction)

steph from Paris

Hi Patrick,

It depends how long do you want to run. Our parks in Paris are not so big so it could be very boring. I have few routes we have designed in an experience called "Take a jogging tour of Paris". It is a way to explore Paris with a parisian runner, also a way to learn about French culture and the history of the areas you pass through during the run. Your choice of route is about 1 hour of jogging with brief stops at monuments. I propose a session next saturday if you are in Paris. Discount Price on eventbrite : http://www.eventbrite.fr/e/run-paris-take-a-jogging-tour-of-paris-tickets-15713982946?aff=erellivorg

Stéphanie from Paris 

Ben from London

Running around Parc de Belleville would give fantastic views!!

1. Parc de Belleville (attraction)

Yoana from Santa Ana

I didn't do any running while I was there, but I did see quite a few runners around Basilique du Sacre-Coeur Once you reach the top, the views are amazing!

1. Basilique du Sacre-Coeur (attraction)