Sarah

Sarah from Paris asked

What to do in Paris with my Grandma?

I'm going to be spending a weekend in Paris with my Grandma and I would like to know if anyone knows of nice places to go (cafés, museums, gardens, etc.). Thanks!

Abigail from Paris

Hi Sarah,

How about a nice relaxing afternoon tea? You could sip the famous hot chocolate at Angélina, nibble on world-renowned macarons at Ladurée Champs Elysées or splurge on a really special afternoon at one of Paris’ many palaces like Hôtel Le Bristol Paris, Four Seasons Hotel George Vor Hotel Le Meurice.

Have a wonderful time!

1. Angélina (attraction)
  2. Ladurée Champs Elysées (restaurant)
  3. Hôtel Le Bristol Paris (hotel)
  4. Four Seasons Hotel George V (attraction)
  5. Hotel Le Meurice (attraction)

Take her to the Musee de l'Orangerie to see Monet's Water Lilies. They have plenty of seating which is good for an older person. Then walk to the Tuileries and sit at the outdoor cage and have a coffee. Close proximity to each other and enjoyable no matter what your age.

1. Musee de l'Orangerie (attraction)
  2. Tuileries (attraction)
Haleigh from Paris

Hey Sarah! That's so sweet. I noticed some great suggestions below and definitely second Ladurée and Angélina for sweet treats. I'm not sure how old your grandma is, but if you're looking for outings that will avoid a lot of steps etc. as my grandma certainly prefers, the best parks are Tuileries and the Luxembourg Garden. I would also recommend strolling the shops in the Palais Royal, and having dinner nearby at LE GRAND COLBERT which is a super authentic French restaurant. To take in the Eiffel Tower without having to deal with hectic crowds, go to Monsieur Bleu. Have a lovely trip! 

1. Ladurée (attraction)
  2. Angélina (attraction)
  3. Tuileries (attraction)
  4. Luxembourg Garden (attraction)
  5. Palais Royal (attraction)
  6. LE GRAND COLBERT (restaurant)
  7. Monsieur Bleu (restaurant)
Eva from New York City

Some of my favorite parks in Paris are Place des Vosges in the Marais, and Parc Monceau. Neither of these are very touristy. Well, Place des Vosges is known by French tourists, but very few otherwise. Unlike a lot of Paris, the stores and restaurants in the Marais are open on Sunday, so it is a good place to visit. You can't go wrong with any of the outdoor cafes for coffee or a soft drink.

Near Parc Monceau is a spectacular museum full of antiquities - if your Grandmother likes that sort of stuff. Musée Nissim de Camondo Aubusson Carpets, serious furniture, ceramics - that type of stuff. 

It is a little touristy, but Ile St. Louis is beautiful and peaceful - and there are a couple of great outdoor cafes on the tip facing Notre Dame. Great place for a glass of Champagne in the afternoon or at night. 

Brenda
Love place de vosges!

1. Place des Vosges (attraction)
  2. Parc Monceau (attraction)
  3. Musée Nissim de Camondo (attraction)
Hoyt from New York City

The Musee Rodin- you walk around his mansion and gardens to see all his art in its natural habitat! 

1. Musee Rodin (attraction)