Cheryl
Wisconsin

What are the can't miss places to eat in Paris?

Traveling this summer and wondering where can we get good red wine and food with lots of flavor in Paris?

Nisrine from Casablanca, Morocco

You have to stop by a restaurant called: Le Pas Sage, 1 Passage du Grand Cerf. It's a hidden gen in a small passage with a wonderful chef. It's a little expensive but a dinner your taste buds will remember

Also if you want something more typical, La Patache is a two part restaurant: Meat and a cool bar with a cat. 60 Rue de Lancry, 75010 Paris

1. Le Pas Sage (restaurant)
  2. La Patache (restaurant)

Pamela from Memphis

Le Soufflé was wonderful when I went there years ago. Also, I like Le Petit Prince de Paris in the 5th. Kind of hard to find but have always enjoyed my meals there. I love creperies and usually stop in one to get the galette with salmon and crème fraiche for dinner with cider. I went to Les Fous d'en Face years ago and remember it well. I have always wanted to go to La Tour d'Argent as I have read it is an experience! Another thought is booking a dinner at 58 Tour Eiffel.  Another place I love is Le Bon Marché department store. Their gourmet food store is fantastic- get a bottle of wine and do a picnic. Have fun!

1. Le Soufflé (restaurant)
  2. Le Petit Prince de Paris (restaurant)
  3. Les Fous d'en Face (restaurant)
  4. La Tour d'Argent (restaurant)
  5. 58 Tour Eiffel (attraction)
  6. Le Bon Marché (attraction)

Chris from Croydon, United Kingdom

Try some of the restaurants around Rue Mouffetard. Some are there for the tourists, but easy to spot.  I love the Cave La Bourgogne and recently discovered Le Papillon - very very French!

Happy eating!

1. Rue Mouffetard (attraction)
  2. Cave La Bourgogne (restaurant)
  3. Le Papillon (restaurant)

Kamel from Paris

Hello Cheryl,

You must try La Coupole in Montparnasse, the famous brasserie Art Déco where all the famous painters and artists like PICASSO, MODIGLIANI used to go!

In the begining of 20th century, artists from all over the world were flying to Montparnasse and not Paris!

1. La Coupole (restaurant)

Lauren from Chicago

Hi Cheryl,

We ate at Les Papilles and it was fantastic - tons of great wines to choose from and food that was insanely good. They have 1 prix fixe menu that is written on a chalk board in French. We had no idea what we were getting until it came out, but it was all delicious! 

1. Les Papilles (attraction)

Ben from London

I always try to go to, and recommend people go to, Le Bouillon Chartier - a very inexpensive old workers cafe with great food & wine

For proper classic French high-end cooking - Le Procope.  Great food and history!

1. Le Bouillon Chartier (restaurant)
  2. Le Procope (restaurant)

Fayrouz from Antibes

Chez Gladines in 13th arrondissement neighbourhood. Butte-aux-Cailles, fun and authentic atmosphere.

1. Chez Gladines (restaurant)
  2. Butte-aux-Cailles (neighborhood)

Jesse from Saint Catharines, Ontario

I liked the crepes shops and the other street vendors. I went to a couple of restaurants that were recommended online and they turned out to be a terrible experience. The waitress mis-calculated our bills on the spot so we all paid different prices when some of us had the same meal :s

For a casual-ish dining experience that combines very good food, great wine and is not too expensive (c€35-€50) I would recommend Bistro Volnay or Le Petit Colbert If you want to push the boat out try Cobéa in the Montparnasse district.

1. Bistro Volnay (restaurant)
  2. Le Petit Colbert (restaurant)
  3. Cobéa (restaurant)