Kristine
Wilmington (Massachusetts)

Vintage Chanel and Hermes Shops?

Going to Paris at the end of April and looking to add to my Chanel collection. Anyone know of any great second hand stores that sell more affordable chanel purses?

This is one of my most favorite topics--I actually wrote an article about this once for a French magazine so it's something that's near and dear to my shopper's heart. ;) 

Off the top of my head I would say to go to  Réciproque which is the granddaddy of the depot-vente (which translates roughly to thrift shop or second-hand store). They have several different stores on the same block and they carry everything: Chanel, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, all of it. If you can't find something here, you just can't find something. 

My second favorite is  Chercheminippes Femmes on the  Rue du Cherche-Midi. They also have about six different stores along the same block and they're great. The prices are pretty reasonable and you can always find something. 

I can pretty much promise you you'll find something at Depot-Vente de Passy. It's never been one of my favorites (no real reason) but it's good and you should definitely check it out. 

There are two stores in the  Palais Royal you should check out-- Didier Ludot which is a legendary store and one of my all-time most favorite shops in the city (they even have a separate store there just for LBDs). If you want something really special this is your place. The second one is called  Gabrielle Geppert. It's a lot smaller and will be more second hand than vintage but it's worth checking out for sure. 

Le Depot Vente de Buci is always reliable (I actually one almost traded a coat for a YSL coat there I really liked but the deal feel through;). 

There's another really great one for Chanel and Hermes in particular but I'm blanking on the name--I'll look it up tonight and post it here!!! 

1. Réciproque (attraction)
  2. Chercheminippes Femmes (attraction)
  3. Rue du Cherche-Midi (attraction)
  4. Depot-Vente de Passy (attraction)
  5. Palais Royal (attraction)
  6. Didier Ludot (attraction)
  7. Gabrielle Geppert (attraction)
  8. Le Depot Vente de Buci (attraction)

frieso from Brussels

Ninon Retro Chic Mamie Blue and  Chez Chiffons says my wife...

1. Ninon Retro Chic (attraction)
  2. Mamie Blue (attraction)
  3. Chez Chiffons (attraction)