Eric

Time to visit Eifel Tower

I have an 11 hr layover at Charles de Gaulle airport in France. Will I have enough time to visit the Eifel tower and make my next flight?

Pamela from Memphis

It took me two hours to get in Pariscentral via car last summer via car so definitely take the RER. You will have a few hours but be careful with your time. CDG is not close to Paris and you have longer times to get through security etc. The Eiffel Tower security takes awhile to get through even with the guided tour I took last summer. The area around there is always busy and crowded. I would be nervous the whole time I would miss my connection but if you do it, use the RER and Metro, have a timed ticket and make sure you allot several hours to get back to CDG and through security and have enough cushion before your flight. Bonne chance!

2. Eiffel Tower (attraction)

John from Carlsbad (California)

A taxi would be the easiest, but also the most expensive, especially if you are alone.  You can take the RER B from the airport (see Google Maps to see where you can pick it up depending on your terminal and follow the signs).   Buy a round trip ticket to central Paris.  Get off at the Saint-Michel - Notre-Dame station, and transfer there to the RER C towards Pontoise, St Quentin, or Versailles Rive Gauche and get off at the Champ de Mars-Tour Eiffel station.  The Eiffel Tower will be a short walk away.  Make sure to buy your Eiffel Tower ticket online in advance so you don't have to wait in line.  With 11 hours, you will probably have some extra time, so think about what else you might want to see and do, but make sure you allow enough time to get back to CDG to go through security. 

Lynn

You will.  But do you want to go up the Eiffel Tower, or just walk around & see it?   As mentioned, take the RER into Paris... it's about a 30 min. train ride (if all goes well); then change to the Metro toward the Tower (there are a few choices... mentioned in other replies).  I've been up the Tower in years past when it wasn't such a security nightmare... all you get is a view of Paris... which you can get from other vantage points (Notre Dame, L'Arc de Triomphe de l'Etoile).  Better to go up the Arch de Triomphe & view the Eiffel Tower from there.  Otherwise, just walk around the area & get a look at it from other angles.  While in the area, go see the Musee Rodin or Les Invalidestaste of a Paris neighborhood).  Really... do leave yourself enough time to get back to CDG & get through security.  It will take some planning, but  you can do this!!  Have fun!

1. Eiffel Tower (attraction)
  2. Notre Dame (attraction)
  3. L'Arc de Triomphe de l'Etoile (attraction)
  4. Musee Rodin (attraction)
  5. Les Invalides (attraction)

Yoana from Santa Ana

Yes! You will! Everything is soooo close together! I recommend you take the metro as oppose to a taxi. Taxi's are super expensive. Look up on the metro map where to get off. You could probably even make it to the L'Arc de Triomphe de l'Etoileand The Louvre with those 11 hrs taking the metro! Look into it. It's all close together.

1. L'Arc de Triomphe de l'Etoile (attraction)
  2. The Louvre (attraction)

Michael

Yes easily!!!