Lakhvir
Moga

Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam

Things to do in Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam

Hi There!

I am planning a 10 day trip in July 2017, please advise best places to visit, things to do in Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam.

Also please advise if I can add any other location nearby by adding 2-3 more days to my trip.

Thanks :)

Dabs from Chicago

10 days is not a lot of time to see three cities much less adding more onto it.  That said, if you are going to be in Brussels it would be a shame not to visit Bruges which is one of my favorite cities in the world.  I like it even better at night when all the tourist buses go home so if you're going to add on days I would spend a couple of nights there.  From Bruges, you can also visit Ghent although they are very similar cities.  From Paris you can visit Versailles on a daytrip as well as a number of other places.

As to things to do in Paris, I could give you enough to fill your whole trip.  Perhaps start with any online guide for Three days in Paris and it will give you a good foundation.  Personally I would not miss the Musée d'Orsay, the L'Arc de Triomphe de l'Etoile, the Tours de Notre Dame, Sainte-Chapelle and the Rue Mouffetard.  I'd also put Versailles on the list if you spend 3-4 days there.  The Louvre should also be on the list although it is quite overwhelming.

1. Bruges (city)
  2. Ghent (city)
  3. Versailles (city)
  4. Musée d'Orsay (attraction)
  5. L'Arc de Triomphe de l'Etoile (attraction)
  6. Tours de Notre Dame (attraction)
  7. Sainte-Chapelle (attraction)
  8. Rue Mouffetard (attraction)
  9. The Louvre (attraction)

Dhanij

Palais de Tokyo - Fun Modern Museum - recently renovated cafe so, you can stop and have a bite :)

1. Palais de Tokyo (attraction)

Trisha

There are 2 amazing museums in Amsterdam and Anne Frank House is worth seeing. July might be past Tulip season but worth looking into if flowers and outdoors is your thing. Rent a bike and enjoy the city. 

1. Amsterdam (city)
  2. Anne Frank House (attraction)

Sandra from Portland

I recommend the George Pompidou Wonderful collection of art and a roof top view of Paris. We were their last May, much less crowded than other museums. Also, through Air BnB we booked a chef prepared dinner in his lovely Paris apartment, the best experience. Booked a 2 hour walking tour that we took upon arrival. Great way to get your bearings. Le Pan et Les Ideas, what a beautiful bakery, so delicious.

1. George Pompidou (attraction)

Glen from Buenos Aires, Argentina

Depending on your interest in Amsterdam, you should visit Van Gogh Museum Rijksmuseum Amsterdam and the square right in between them is just beautiful. In the same place you have The Concertgebouw where amazing concerts are held, check their website for tickets. The free walking tour starts from Dam Square and the same company offers a tour of the Red Light District Deluxe (40 Windows) which is also pretty unique and you have Mata Hari restaurant for afterwards and Wynand Fockink Proeflokaal en Slijterij for some traditional drinks. For panoramic views, you have adam tower amsterdam which is in Noord, you can take a free ferry to central station. Is a rotating restaurant with great views to the city. Also in noord I would recommend Pllek for great dining, a beach with views to amsterdam, open air cinema, and DJ + dancing after dinner. That whole area is very artistic and interesting to see. If you prefer a good steak you can go to Loetje aan 't IJ in the same area. You cannot skip beer tasting, o to any Gollem café, Little deliriumBrouwerij Troost (also great burgers), Brouwerij 't IJ in a Moulin! If you want to walk or ride a bike and see some nature, Westerpark Vondelpark are closer to the city centre while Amstelpark is a bit further away, still reachable by bike and absolutely beautiful.

1. Van Gogh Museum (attraction)
  2. Rijksmuseum Amsterdam (attraction)
  3. The Concertgebouw (attraction)
  4. Dam Square (attraction)
  5. Red Light District Deluxe (40 Windows) (attraction)
  6. Mata Hari (restaurant)
  7. Wynand Fockink Proeflokaal en Slijterij (restaurant)
  8. Pllek (restaurant)
  9. Loetje aan 't IJ (restaurant)
  10. Little delirium (restaurant)
  11. Brouwerij Troost (restaurant)
  12. Brouwerij 't IJ (attraction)
  13. Westerpark (attraction)
  14. Vondelpark (attraction)
  15. Amstelpark (attraction)

Scott from Cesky Krumlov

Skip Paris and do 6 days in each of the others.  

Sarah from Devon

For Paris recommend Coulée verte René-Dumont (Promenade Plantee) & Musée Marmottan Monet to escape the crowds.

1. Coulée verte René-Dumont (attraction)
  2. Musée Marmottan Monet (attraction)