Michelle Rôças
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro

Special place to have dinner on my 40th birthday in Paris?

I´m traveling to Paris with my husband to celebrate my 40th birthday. I´d like to have dinner at a special and unforgetable place, beside The Eiffel Tower. Any tips?

It´s doesnt have to be fancy, spending around 200Euros would be ok.

Edna from Paris

If you want classically French, try Le chateaubriand . It's my go-to for a nice occasion and listed on San Pellegrino's 50 Best Restaurants. The food, atmosphere, and experience are excellent. Won't run you more than 200 (unless you go nuts on the wine list). First seating requires a reservation, but if you make it for second seating it's first come first serve :) 

More info here: http://parisbymouth.com/le-chateaubriand/

http://parisbymouth.com/le-chateaubriand/

1. Le chateaubriand (restaurant)

John from Carlsbad (California)

Au Bon Accueil is an excellent restaurant.  Ask for a table outside- they have a view of the Eiffel Tower.

1. Au Bon Accueil (restaurant)

Hoyt from New York City

La Société is a fancy, trendy and delicious spot to check out.

1. La Société (restaurant)

Abigail from Paris

Hi Michelle,

Located in the Aérogare des Invalides, Chez Françoise doesn’t look like much from the outside, but once you step inside, you’re really in for a treat. Hidden away is an upscale and inviting dining room, where you’ll find excellent French food and wonderful service. Be sure not to fill up on the bread basket though, you’ll definitely want to save room for dessert!

1. Chez Françoise (restaurant)

You might like Mariette on Rue Bosquet. It's in the 7th arrondissement, as is Eiffel tower. The dining room is simple, not especially romantic but the food is French and is really wonderful. The atmosphere is laid back and the staff are friendly. The wine list is very good. It is not expensive for Paris and you will have to book well in advance because it is very popular. As you turn the corner from the restaurant you will see the Eiffel tower illuminated at night.

1. Mariette (restaurant)

Haleigh from Paris

Hey Michelle! Some great suggestions below but I would definitely have to say if you want amazing food and an amazing Eiffel Tower view Les Ombres is your place! Happy Birthday and have a great trip!

1. Les Ombres (restaurant)

Eva from New York City

Le Comptoir du Relais is one of my favorite places but a bit of a scene so it could be a hard reservation. I went for lunch on my birthday (they dont take lunch reservations so it's equal opportunity - get there early). I also went to Spring for a birthday - that was amazing but it has been hyped to death. Frenchie is another hyped place, on every top restaurant list, but both have excellent food. 

Les Ombres has a view of the Eiffel Tower and supposed to be great.

I'm having my first meal at a Le Regalade this trip - the La Régalade Conservatoire. They are a few Le Regalades in the city, but not a chain; each one has a different chef and menu. 

The hotelier who reco'd Le Regelade told me Taillevent has a great lunch at a reasonable price because theyre trying to have a resurgence. 

Look for Alec Lobrano's blog - you can trust him. He lives in Paris and does the food coverage for the Intl Herald Tribune. 

1. Le Comptoir du Relais (restaurant)
  2. Spring (attraction)
  3. Frenchie (restaurant)
  4. Les Ombres (restaurant)
  5. La Régalade Conservatoire (restaurant)
  6. Taillevent (restaurant)

Teddy from Caracas

Have dinner on the La Seine is very romantic, there are floating restaurants that are very good and not very expensive and they do a beautiful trip, try to do at sunset... 

1. La Seine (attraction)

nour eldin from Cairo

There is 2 very nice restaurants ive tried and not very expensive and also classy

Le Procope , which is a very old and nice restaurant with a great history, it was the place where voltaire ,robespaire and most of the important french revolution figures worked and stayed in, voltaire office is still there. And it looks so classy

also Léon de Bruxelles - Montparnasse, a very famous parisien classy and not very expensive restaurant

Chez Léon , i was told alot about this restaurant, that its a very nice french traditional not very expensive cuisine

hope this is beneficial :)

1. Le Procope (restaurant)
  2. Léon de Bruxelles - Montparnasse (restaurant)
  3. Chez Léon (restaurant)