Austen

Restaurants, hotels, etc. for big group.

I'm planning a meeting for about 20 people in Paris--never been there before. I need restaurants, hotels, activities, etc. No idea where to start. 

Nilufer from Istanbul

Incredible Paris!!! I have been there three times and I had the chance of doing many things...

Please find here my Paris adventures mapkini http://www.mapkini.com/2014/04/paris.html

I tried to tell about Paris day by day with closest places to see, maps of walking routes and maps of touristic areas. You will get opinion about Masterpieces of Paris, where to stay, L'open tour, Quartier Du Marais Region (boutiques shops and patisseries), MontmartreBasilique du Sacre-Coeur, Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame de Paris....

I highly recommend you to start your day with L'open tour. Please do not forget to eat éclair at Au petit versailles du marais and if you have time, please do not skip going to Disneyland Paris

You could find many ideas about;

L'open tour a Paris (hop on-hop off) and its picking up point Rue Auber, where to stay in Paris République, Paris arrondissement,The LouvreTuileriesLa Grande Roue,  Pont Alexandre IIIPlace de la ConcordeDisneyland Paris MontmartreBasilique du Sacre-CoeurMoulin RougeLa DéfenseAu petit versailles du maraisQuartier Du MaraisNotre-Dame de Paris  Hôtel Des Haras - Domaine de l'Abbaye des Vaux de Cernay

1. Quartier Du Marais (attraction)
  2. Montmartre (attraction)
  3. Basilique du Sacre-Coeur (attraction)
  4. Notre-Dame de Paris (attraction)
  5. Au petit versailles du marais (attraction)
  6. Disneyland Paris (attraction)
  7. Rue Auber (attraction)
  8. République (attraction)
  9. The Louvre (attraction)
  10. Tuileries (attraction)
  11. La Grande Roue (attraction)
  12. Pont Alexandre III (attraction)
  13. Place de la Concorde (attraction)
  14. Moulin Rouge (attraction)
  15. La Défense (attraction)
  16. Hôtel Des Haras - Domaine de l'Abbaye des Vaux de Cernay (hotel)
  17. Eiffel Tower (attraction)

For the group activity, I would definitely do a cruise down the La Seine, usually referred to as "Bateaux Mouches” They are very, very used to accommodating large groups of people so it’s a pretty easy thing to put together and at about $15 a person, relatively cheap. It’s a great experience, too, because you can get a sense of what Paris is in a very short time. There are several companies who do this, but the most famous one is probably www.BateauxMouches.com. If you wanted to kill two birds with one stone, you could also have dinner on the boat, although the running joke is that it’s not really worth it because you miss seeing the sights by looking down at your food.

I’d say for the activity, try the Tour Montparnasse. The views are incredible and it’s slightly less chaotic than the Eiffel Tower, plus you can actually get a great view of the Eiffel Tower from Montparnasse which you obviously can’t get  from the Eiffel Tower.

My company pretty much always books the Hotel Lutetia. It’s a very well-known, historic hotel with pretty reasonable rates and a slew of conference rooms. They’re very will to work with you on your event which is great if you don’t want to spend a lot of time organizing things like where the projector will go. I think the rates we got were somewhere in the neighborhood of about $200 - $250 a night for basic rooms.

Our company held a meeting at the Pavillon de la ReinePavillon de la Reineand it was excellent. Great meeting facilities, great rooms, and even an on-site secretary if you need anything.  It wasn’t super-cheap—it is a four-star hotel, but for Paris it wasn’t bad. I think the rooms were about 400 euro a night but it’s right in the middle of the Marais district which was outstanding. 

1. Bateaux Mouches (attraction)
  2. Tour Montparnasse (attraction)
  3. Hotel Lutetia (hotel)
  4. Pavillon de la Reine (hotel)
  5. Marais (restaurant)
  6. Tour Montparnasse (attraction)
  7. La Seine (attraction)
  8. Eiffel Tower (attraction)

Liza from Paris

Hello!

I know a great website to organize easily diner or lunch in very parisian but hidden places in Paris. It's www.snapevent.fr. You can build your diner in 3 clics, choosing a place (like artist workshops, rooftops...), a chef and options (not mandatory but I know that have stuffs like wine tasting which could be perfect for your guest if they are foreigners). The good side for you is that the team checks and tests every single place, menu or option which appear on the website (actually you have first to get the validation to be listed).

The website is in french but I can help if needed :)

Good luck!!

Liza

Mathilde from Venice Beach

Hey Austin, I have a friend who could help you out! She is working for SnapEvent.fr, a company who organize gatherings/parties/pic-nics unusual and secret awesome places across Paris (rooftops, fancy warehouses, gardens,..). #CookNMeet

Have fun in Paris :)

Kamel from Paris

Ok let's start with Rosa Bonheur sur Seine a nice place on the seine and front of the Grand Palais where you can take a drink, dancing and / or go to dinner.

Otherwise a very good restaurant inside the heart of a popular and village area called TriplettesYou can go there for a breakfast, a lunch or a dinner. They have a nice terrasse

Enjoy your stay in Paris !

1. Rosa Bonheur sur Seine (attraction)
  2. Triplettes (attraction)