Sarah
Seattle

Restaurant recommendations in Paris 11th arrondissement

My parents (in their early 60s) are visiting France for the first time in late September and are looking for dining options near their apartment in the 11th arrondissement. They'll be there for 4 days and experiencing great French food is one of their top priorities. They'd like to try a range of places from very casual to upscale, but I think they'd enjoy casual neighborhood spots more than fancy touristy restaurants.

John from Carlsbad (California)

I can't think of a restaurant in the 11th I would recommend for first-time travelers to Paris with only 4 days.  Pramil is in the 3rd and not that far from the 11th.  We had an excellent dinner there in June.  It is a small, cozy place with excellent and sometimes creative food.  It is an excellent value- three courses for 33€.  They have a short, but well-chosen wine list at good prices.  I highly recommend the white asparagus cream soup with foie gras ice cream, the sea bass, and the pork chop.  You need to reserve at least a week ahead.  

If they are willing to stray farther from the 11th, I would recommend a look at Chez Les Anges (35€ menu or 60€+ a la carte), La Bastide Odéon (South of France cuisine- 36€ menu) for good price to value ratio. 

On the higher end, I would recommend Dominique Bouchet, a jewel box of a restaurant with excellent, beautifully-presented food and great service.  Figure on spending 68€ to 105€, plus wine for a special night out.  If they take a taxi home and it's a nice night, I suggest a ride down the Champs-Élysées to the Place de la Concorde, then back along the river to the Palais de Chaillot for a view of the Eiffel Tower, across the Pont d'Iéna, then back along the other side of the river and across the Pont Alexandre III, along the Quai des Tuileries, by the The Louvre Pyramid, then by Notre-Dame de Paris and back to their apartment.  It will be the best money they spend on the trip.

Reservations for these restaurants should be made at least a week before and confirmed a day or two before. 

1. Pramil (restaurant)
  2. Chez Les Anges (restaurant)
  3. La Bastide Odéon (restaurant)
  4. Dominique Bouchet (restaurant)
  5. Champs-Élysées (attraction)
  6. Place de la Concorde (attraction)
  7. Palais de Chaillot (attraction)
  8. Eiffel Tower (attraction)
  9. Pont d'Iéna (attraction)
  10. Pont Alexandre III (attraction)
  11. Quai des Tuileries (attraction)
  12. The Louvre (attraction)
  13. Notre-Dame de Paris (attraction)

Maxime from Bordeaux, France

Le Perchoir 14 rue Crespin du Gast, is one of the best restaurant in Paris 11ème.
It's a wonderful roof top !

1. Le Perchoir (restaurant)

Toufic from Lebanon

Chez Prosper is the closest i know to the 11e great place. Local crowd. Good steak and nutella tiramisu in a jar! 

1. Chez Prosper (restaurant)

Fleur from Paris

Hello,

The restaurant Paris Hanoï (rue de charonne ) is really nice and tasty but it is small and more the type great quality/price.

The is also on the upscale type the restaurant Brasserie Julien. It is an old type of restaurant and very fancy although not too expensive (about 30/50 per person) and in a beautiful place.16 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Denis, 75010  

I hope this was helpful :)

1. Paris Hanoï (restaurant)
  2. Brasserie Julien (restaurant)

There's a very, very inexpensive cafe in the 11th called Le Café Bastille that has the absolute best...I mean BEST lait chaud on the planet. If you're not familiar with this, it's basically just warm milk with a little vanilla thrown in. A lot of places serve it but I promise you it doesn't get better than this place. (A few years ago I went to Paris with a friend and I dragged him here even though it was January and we were staying on the opposite side of town. He was crazy cranky about my insisting we go and almost wouldn't try it but when he did he said it was the best thing he'd ever tried in his life and we came back like three more times and sat in the freezing cold drinking this stuff). 

I've literally never tried anything else at this restaurant so I can't tell you if the food is good or not. ;) I can tell you, though, that the people watching at this place is fabulous because it's right on a busy corner and this part of the 11th is very residential. 

Now I really want a cup of this. :)

1. Le Café Bastille (restaurant)

Aurélie from London

If you're looking for an Italian restaurant, You can't miss  Caffé dei Cioppi. A  very nice restaurant hidden in the small streets of 11 arr. 

1. Caffé dei Cioppi (restaurant)

Christopher from San Francisco

Two places I think they'd be really happy with:

1. Le Bistrot Paul Bert (restaurant)
  2. Septime (restaurant)

Géraldine from Paris

A one of the best restaurants in the 11 is La Robe de la Girafe. it is a great parisian bistrot, with fresh meal and very good wine ! the service is good and warm.

Les Quilles is a picturesque spot ! the products are selected with love ans cooked with respect. The bill is not expensive and the choice of wine is very big.

1. La Robe de la Girafe (restaurant)
  2. Les Quilles (restaurant)

Alexandra from Paris

I would recommand Septime for upscale and delicious food in a cosy and classy interior. And Chez Mamy for a more casual but still great food. Enjoy !

1. Septime (restaurant)
  2. Chez Mamy (restaurant)

Carole from Paris

Hello! I've just recently been to Pierre Sang in Oberkampf and it was an amazing experience. Not sure whether your parents are adventurous but this restaurant does not take reservations, you have to get there pretty early and choose between 2-3 or 5 dishes. You'll discover the flavors as they are served to you! Really enjoyable experience. Another restaurant in the area is Chez Justine pretty classic and local cafe, can be quite crowded on a saturday evening but tasty plates! The 11th is greast for restaurants, cafes and the variety of cuisines! Hope it helps!

1. Pierre Sang in Oberkampf (restaurant)
  2. Chez Justine (attraction)

Mailys from Sydney

Hey there; I think a great place in the 11th that you would love is Jeanne A - It is an "epicerie fine" that sells really fine french products and has a few tables. It is great for dinner; there are only local peoples enjoying a great time. The food is fresh; delicious, the menu is small and changes all the time. They also have great wine. Honestly it s a jewel !!!!

1. Jeanne A (restaurant)

Alejandro from Singapore

Close but not quite on the 12eme is Le Quincy. Small, affordable and  very authentic it draws a lot of ministers and famous Parisians.

If they go to the Eiffel tower and they want to run into Jaques Chirac (who often goes there on Sundays) go to Le Père Claude.

1. Le Quincy (restaurant)
  2. Le Père Claude (restaurant)