Andrea
Madrid

Must visit places in Paris?

Hi!

I'm traveling to Paris in a few weeks. I only be there for 3 days and I'd like to know the best places to eat and visit (touristics and non touristics).

Nadia from Rio de Janeiro

I am not from Paris but I was living there for 5 months so you really have to plan before if you want to see touristic places (if you want to visit them, to enter or go up in the towers) during the week the queue is smaller but in the weekends you are loosing so much time just waiting to get in (try to see if you can buy the tickets online or to plan to be there when they open (and even like this probably you will wait to get in)
for example you can try Butte-aux-Cailles for lunch or dinner (you find different types of food, with different prices and even for happy hour and during the night they have nice bars) and you are close to some spots as well like Catacombes de Paris,  Tour Montparnasse (they are on the same metro line)

and a nice thing that the parisians are doing is the piquenic (you can buy wine, baguette, cheese, other things from the supermarket - boulangerie, etc) and go to Champ de Mars — Tour Eiffelor along the Saine and just enjoy the view and food.

if it's raining you can enjoy the museums (try Musée d'Orsay or George Pompidou as an alternative to Louvre) or the cafes (i liked a lot AntiCafé Beaubourg (they have 3 spots in Paris and you pay the time and enjoy caffee and snacks)

you can have a nice view from Printemps they have a terrace on the last floor.

if you like biking you can rent bikes all over the city - just ask about Velib' card at the tourist office, and enjoy the city - i am very bad in riding a bike so I am not able to give you the infos because i didn't use this while in Paris - but would be very helpful if is not raining)

enjoy Paris

1. Butte-aux-Cailles (attraction)
  2. Catacombes de Paris (attraction)
  3. Tour Montparnasse (attraction)
  4. Champ de Mars — Tour Eiffel (attraction)
  5. Musée d'Orsay (attraction)
  6. George Pompidou (attraction)
  7. AntiCafé Beaubourg (restaurant)
  8. Printemps (attraction)

Simon from Paris

Bonjour!

If you like french food you can always try Chez Gladines it's really tasty and not so expensive. If you want a traditional crepe try Au P'tit Grec they have a large variety of amazing crepes. If you want to try other french "sud-oeust" food, try Chez Papa its reaaaallly good.

The must visits places if you only have 3 days its the obvious choices: Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Élysées, The Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral Gift Shop, Sacré-Cœur Basilica, Concorde and so on.... I recomend you a walk at night next to the seine river, its just amazing the views to all the monuments from there.

Have a good visit

Au revoir!

1. Chez Gladines (restaurant)
  2. Au P'tit Grec (restaurant)
  3. Chez Papa (restaurant)
  4. Eiffel Tower (attraction)
  5. Arc de Triomphe (attraction)
  6. Champs-Élysées (attraction)
  7. The Louvre (attraction)
  8. Notre Dame Cathedral Gift Shop (attraction)
  9. Sacré-Cœur Basilica (attraction)
  10. Concorde (attraction)

Julia from Paris

I would recommend you to go to Notre Dame. Be sure to be there around half an hour before it opens to be sure to pass quite quickly. Although there are around 300 stairs, the view is really amazing and totally worth it! 

Right across the street - in the La Conciergerie - you will find Sainte-Chapelle (also worth a visit, really impressive)

Go to the Galeries Lafayette and enjoy the view from the terrace on the 7th floor. There is another at Printemps

Take a walk around the Marais quartier. Have dinner in one of the nice restaurants near Place des Vosges or at the restaurant Chez Marianne (very famous, prices are okay). Have some coffee at the café L'improbable or one of the parisian concept cafés calles AntiCafé Beaubourg where you pay 4€ per hour and you are allowed to consume whatever you want (hot and cold drinks, snacks, etc).

Le Train Bleu is a restaurant inside Paris Gare de Lyon and considered to be the most beautiful place to have breakfast at. 

Enjoy Paris, one can only love it! 

1. Notre Dame (attraction)
  2. La Conciergerie (attraction)
  3. Sainte-Chapelle (attraction)
  4. Printemps (attraction)
  5. Place des Vosges (attraction)
  6. L'improbable (restaurant)
  7. AntiCafé Beaubourg (restaurant)
  8. Le Train Bleu (restaurant)
  9. Paris Gare de Lyon (attraction)
  10. Galeries Lafayette (attraction)

Anna from Athens

Hello! I have a quick guide for Paris with things you can see and do right here: http://aspectsofstyle.com/2014/03/12/a-quick-guide-to-paris/

For 3 days I suggest you mostly walk around the city and check out the major sites like Eiffel Tower The Louvre Arc de Triomphe Notre Dame Sacré-Cœur Basilica. In my guide I've also got dining suggestions and most of them are not so touristy!

1. Eiffel Tower (attraction)
  2. The Louvre (attraction)
  3. Arc de Triomphe (attraction)
  4. Notre Dame (attraction)
  5. Sacré-Cœur Basilica (attraction)

Rebecca from Manchester

Les Fondus de la Raclette is a great raclette and fondue restaurant! Its near Sacré-Cœur Basilica which is a great place to visit and has great views of the city.

Also, Grom has the best icecream in Paris! There are usually queues out of the door because the icecream is so good! 

One of my favourite sights in Paris, which I find is often overlooked, is Palais Garnier. You can go inside the theatre/opera house and its incredible!

1. Les Fondus de la Raclette (restaurant)
  2. Sacré-Cœur Basilica (attraction)
  3. Grom (attraction)
  4. Palais Garnier (attraction)

water from Paris

1. Buddha Bar (attraction)

Andrés from Montevideo

Not original, but my personal favorite: Montmartre quarter with the Sacré Coeur Basilica.

Absolutely beautifull! You should spend an afternoon walking arround...

1. Montmartre (attraction)