Ashley
Calgary

Is the Moulin Rouge worth the money?

We've been to Paris several times and we're looking at doing another quick trip this spring. We've never been to the Moulin Rouge but we were wondering if anyone has gone for one of their shows? Worth the money? Skip it? 

It's worth it from the standpoint that you got to see a show at a historic and well know venue.  Is it the best entertainment, no.  It just depends on your point of view! 

Ben from London

Personally, I LOVE the Moulin Rouge.  I think it's spectacular.  Another good one nearby is Nouvelle Eve that has a smaller cosy feel to it and up by Monmartre there is Au Lapin Agile which is even smaller!

The only comparative one by size is probably Lido de Paris on the Champs-Élysées but Moulin Rouge is....well, the Moulin Rouge!

If you want to save money, you can just do the champagne show if you wanted to.

1. Nouvelle Eve (attraction)
  2. Au Lapin Agile (attraction)
  3. Lido de Paris (attraction)
  4. Champs-Élysées (attraction)

Julien from France

Totally not worth it. In my opinion, the Moulin Rouge is only a tourist trap. Bad songs, bad clothes, bad choreography, bad champagne, bad everything.

If you want to spend some money for something amazing, in the cabaret genre, go to the Crazy Horse Paris, this is a Show! Very cosy and glamour atmosphere, compared to the Moulin Rouge which is like a production line for bad taste tourists...

1. Moulin Rouge (attraction)
  2. Crazy Horse Paris (attraction)

Roxanne from Montreal

After over ten visit to Paris, i still don't feel the need to see that show.  It doesn't respond to anything for me.  Spend your money on something that will bring you satisfaction.  If your asking the question, it might no be worth it.

Andrea from Truckee, California

I would skip the shows. It's not worth the money. Go see the building peek inside and then go grab something delicious from Grenier à Pain to picnic on while you sit on the grass at Basilique du Sacre-Coeur and enjoy the beautiful views! 

1. Grenier à Pain (restaurant)
  2. Basilique du Sacre-Coeur (attraction)

Lynn

No.  Unless you really want to see a topless  girly show.  Just my opinion, you understand...