Josie

Is Moulin Rouge worth visiting?

Just wondering if Moulin Rouge was worth the visit? 

Lynn

I had been to the Moulin Rouge many years ago.  It was a nice show, I enjoyed it.  But that was many years ago.  Just this past Spring, some friends & I were in Paris & they went to the Moulin Rouge; however I passed, since I had been before.  Well... I'm sorry I didn't go along.  They raved about the show & it sounded like the different acts had expanded & improved over the years.  I guess I really missed out!  If you have the opportunity,  I'd say (based on my friends' reactions) GO!

Théo from Bordeaux

Not really, I have been living in Paris and I can tell for sure that the Moulin Rouge is more of a tourist attraction that anything typically parisian now. If you want to spend a night as a true parisian, just pick a bottle of wine and a picnic and go enjoy yourself. You have a lot of places to choose from, for example you can go to Invalides to enjoy the view of the Grand Palais, sitted in the grass, or the do the same with the Eiffel Tower at the Champ de Mars. If you want to see another face of Paris, you should as well try one the nice bars along the Canal Saint Martin

There you go, here is many ways to spend an evening in Paris more authentic than Moulin Rouge :) 

1. Invalides (attraction)
  2. Grand Palais (attraction)
  3. Champ de Mars (attraction)
  4. Canal Saint Martin (attraction)

Hi Josie,

I don't think so, it's always crowded and, I thought, a bit tacky and aimed at tourists only. There are lots of better ways to spend an evening in Paris

water from Paris

I didn't see anything special. But I think the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur is nearby and amazing.

1. Basilique du Sacre-Coeur (attraction)

Edna from Paris

I haven't been, but maybe this blog post describing a show at the Moulin Rouge will help you decide if it's worth it (to you) to visit or not:

http://www.adventurouskate.com/a-dazzling-night-at-the-moulin-rouge/