Emery

I'm taking my 10 year old daughter to Paris, what are good kid activities?

What are the best places to take a girl this age? What do I need to bring along for her?

Martine from France

Hi again, having lived in Paris for about 30 years, I also suggest (if you have time) to take your daughter to the Jardin d'Acclimatation in the Bois de Boulogne. Easy to get there: Get off at “Les Sablons” métro station, take exit 2, then walk down rue d’Orléans.The entrance to the Jardin d’Acclimatation is 150 metres away. The 49-acre park is a children's amusement park with, the Exploradôme (Exploradôme) museum, and other attractions located in the northern part of the Bois de Boulogne (Bois de Boulogne). Another suggestion..When visiting the Eiffel tower, walk to the Trocadéro for the view, and in the gardens visit the Aquarium de Paris - Cinéaqua. http://www.cineaqua.com/index.php/en/

These are just some ideas to change from the usual tourist attractions.

1. Jardin d'Acclimatation (attraction)
  2. Exploradôme (attraction)
  3. Bois de Boulogne (attraction)
  4. Trocadéro (attraction)
  5. Aquarium de Paris - Cinéaqua (attraction)

Jesse from Saint Catharines, Ontario

Go see the Eiffel Tower and Notre-Dame de Paris. Spend some time shopping for books if she likes to read. Also, visit the Pont de l'Archevêché (love lock bridge).

1. Eiffel Tower (attraction)
  2. Notre-Dame de Paris (attraction)
  3. Pont de l'Archevêché (attraction)

Constanze from Hong Kong Island

Versailles is pretty impressive, Basilique du Sacre-Coeur with all the merchants in front, Saint-Germain-des-Prés and Luxembourg Garden, La Conciergerie where Marie Antoinette spent the last weeks of her life (they tell the story about her and the revolution), Musee Rodin, maybe Catacombes de Paris if that is not too scary and definitely take a Bateau Mouche at night. I also like the cemetery Père Lachaise Cemetery (many famous people lie there), maybe Porte de Clignancourt flee market. Buy the Madeline books to get some more inspiration and make it even more exciting for her. Eiffel Tower is another must. Have a wonderful time.

1. Versailles (city)
  2. Basilique du Sacre-Coeur (attraction)
  3. Saint-Germain-des-Prés (neighborhood)
  4. Luxembourg Garden (attraction)
  5. La Conciergerie (attraction)
  6. Musee Rodin (attraction)
  7. Catacombes de Paris (attraction)
  8. Père Lachaise Cemetery (attraction)
  9. Porte de Clignancourt (attraction)
  10. Eiffel Tower (attraction)

In addition to the suggestions below, my girls enjoyed the leisurely Batobus especially in the evenings after long days of walking. It provides river views of the Notre-Dame de Paris and Eiffel Tower and the option to hop on and off is nice. It's beautiful at dusk when the light begins to change.

They also enjoyed seeing the street artists work on the hill near the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur and liked the business of the Rue Mouffetard Market (there's good fondue on this street too and some cute shops).

1. Batobus (attraction)
  2. Notre-Dame de Paris (attraction)
  3. Eiffel Tower (attraction)
  4. Basilique du Sacre-Coeur (attraction)
  5. Rue Mouffetard Market (attraction)

Kamel from Paris

Hi Emery,

I would suggest you to bring your daughter thoses places.

I hope thoses will help you to have fun with your kid

1. Luxembourg Garden (attraction)
  2. Jardin des Plantes (attraction)
  3. Zoo de Vincennes (attraction)
  4. Jardin d'Acclimatation (attraction)
  5. Le Manoir de Paris (attraction)

Liv from Cape Cod

Ah, Paris. Such a beautiful city! That's great that you will have your daughter share the experience with you. For a 10 year old, I think the best places to visit would be shopping in the Canal Saint Martin or Rue du Bac. My kids got a kick out of the Île de la Cité flower and pet market. Have a great time!

1. Canal Saint Martin (attraction)
  2. Rue du Bac (attraction)
  3. Île de la Cité (attraction)