Justine
Elmhurst, Illinois

If you had to pick one place to do the following, where would you go?

Heading to Paris for 4 days with my best friend. While I would love any and all recommendations. I'd love to hear where your favorite places to go in Paris are. Thank you in advance!

Best brunch/breakfast place in Paris?

Best hidden gem spot for Dinner?

Best restaurant for dinner in Paris (can be a splurge)?

Best "instagram-worthy" place to snap a photo?

Your favorite cafe in Paris?

Haleigh from Paris

Best brunch/breakfast place in Paris? Claus is darling, and yummy! Also located right in the center of Paris near the Palais Royal so a great place to start a day. 

Best hidden gem spot for Dinner? Le Servan in 11th. So delicious! 

Best restaurant for dinner in Paris (can be a splurge)? Le chateaubriand also in the 11th, a classic! 

Best "instagram-worthy" place to snap a photo? Boot Café, a teenie tiny coffee shop with an old fashioned blue façade the is an instagrammers favorite! 

Your favorite cafe in Paris? To relax and people watch from the sidewalk tables with a glass, eitherLa Favorite on the Right Bank at Saint Paul in the Marais, or Café de Flore on the Left Bank in Saint Germain. 

1. Claus (restaurant)
  2. Le Servan (restaurant)
  3. Le chateaubriand (restaurant)
  4. Boot Café (restaurant)
  5. La Favorite (restaurant)
  6. Café de Flore (restaurant)

Laurel from Calgary

Ile Saint-Louis, the island behind Notre-Dame de Paris, is quieter but so picturesque as it sits in the middle of the Seine River with the Quartier Du Marais district on one bank and Saint-Germain-des-Prés on the other. Buy some bread, cheese and wine, and enjoy.

1. Ile Saint-Louis (attraction)
  2. Notre-Dame de Paris (attraction)
  3. Quartier Du Marais (attraction)
  4. Saint-Germain-des-Prés (neighborhood)

Azizull from Los Angeles

If you are able to, definitely go to Montmartre! It's on the outskirts of Paris and it is absolutely beautiful. You can visit the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur and get a spectacular view of the city from there. There are tons of artists painting and sketching along this area. The cafés have delicious food and the bakeries are unreal (I'd say that for most of France though). There is a lot to see in this area while you walk around!

1. Montmartre (attraction)
  3. Basilique du Sacre-Coeur (attraction)

Kamel from Paris

My favourite café in Paris. One called Le Fumoir

In front of the Louvre just at the Rivoli-Louvre metro station. With a colonian/art deco style. Better to go there for a drink from 6:00PM.

Nice atmosphère and kind waiters ! 

1. Le Fumoir (attraction)

Lauren from Chicago

Great questions Justine, definitely bookmarking this one!

Best hidden gem for dinner: Les Papilles-super small, one prix fixe menu that is constantly changing, written on a chalkboard entirely in French. The owner/chef takes doubles as a server and will recommend one of the hundreds of bottles of wine lining their walls.

Best "instagram-worthy" photo spot: I'm super interested to hear some lesser known spots, but my two are at the Trocadéro metro shot for prime views of the Eiffel Tower as well as inside the Musée d'Orsay-views of the museum and through the giant clock are great!

Write in for the best ex-pat tiki bar: Dirty Dick. This could be insta-worthy as well with all the crazy tiki decor. We went to this bar 2 of our 3 nights in Paris because it was that great. There are no no crappy mixers and cheap rum here-freshly squeezed juices and a crazy rum selection for some seriously amazing drinks. It's owned my an American ex-pat so you won't have to worry as much about perfecting your French here. 

1. Les Papilles (attraction)
  2. Trocadéro (attraction)
  3. Eiffel Tower (attraction)
  4. Musée d'Orsay (attraction)
  5. Dirty Dick (restaurant)

sarah from Dallas

Giverny! Jardins de monet a train ride and a bus out of the city is TOTALLY worth it to see the home of Claude Monet. Breathtaking scenery.  A total surprise at how fun it was. 

1. Giverny! Jardins de monet (attraction)

Melissa from Massachusetts

Hi Justine!  I hope you and your friend have a phenomenal trip!

My husband and I were in Paris for 5 days in November, and these are a couple of our faves:

Au petit versailles du marais is a cafe we stumbled upon that has the best almond croissants and hot chocolate I've ever had in my life. Great cafe creme, really you can't go wrong.  We ended up going there for coffee and pastries three mornings in a row because we fell so much in love with it.

Our favorite dinner we had in Paris was at Breizh Café, a place that serves tradtional Breton buckwheat crepes and cider. Split a carafe of cider, get some delicious savory crepes, and make sure to save room for dessert!  We split this apple caramel vanilla confection that was to die for.

As for "instagram-worthy", I'd argue that the entire city is pretty photogenic. ;) I second the comment on Montmarte. Also anywhere along the Seine, and maybe our favorite thing we did while in Paris was climb the towers at Notre-Dame de Paris. You have to wait in line, but the views from the top were so worth it.

1. Au petit versailles du marais (attraction)
  2. Breizh Café (restaurant)
  3. Notre-Dame de Paris (attraction)

Georgia from Long Island (New York)

Les Ombres at the top of the Musée du quai Branly.  the food is excellent, and the view of the Eiffel Tower when it sparkles at night is wonderful.  you must book in advance and let them know if it is a special occasion.  we were 4 couples celebrating our 30th anniversaries and it was a wonderful memory.

1. Musée du quai Branly (attraction)
  2. Eiffel Tower (attraction)

Abigail from Paris

Hi Justine,

If you're looking for fabulous food and an authentic French café atmosphere, head for Le Café de Mars or Le P'tit Troquet both in the 7th arrondissement. For other ideas of dining, shopping and entertainment, I invite you to check out my blog: www.sayouitoparis.com. Have a great trip!

1. Le Café de Mars (restaurant)
  2. Le P'tit Troquet (restaurant)

Laura from Buenos Aires

The whole city is perfect Instagram-worthy but I think Montmartre is specially so.

1. Montmartre (attraction)

Seán from Berkeley

Hidden - check out the Rue Daguerre and feel like you are a real Parisian.  Another hidden jem is Montmartre in north Paris.  Hang out on the steps of the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur, especially at sunset when the white marble church above you glows pink.

Instagram - go to the top of the Arc de Triomphe where you can see all of Paris, including the Eiffel Tower.

1. Rue Daguerre (attraction)
  2. Montmartre (attraction)
  4. Arc de Triomphe (attraction)
  5. Eiffel Tower (attraction)

Kyle from Chicago

Favorite Cafe: Café Charlot . The Chickenburger there is quite good and they have a semi-stocked bar so you can chill there and get a nice buzz. The neighborhood it's in is also a very trendy one without being overly pretentious. Kind of like TriBeCa in NYC.

A great hidden gem spot if you can get a seat is Au bon coin in the 18th. It's tiny and they pump out EXCELLENT Duck Confit like nobody's business. If you go there, needless to say, that's what you should order. Splurging on dinner won't be hard as there is no shortage of really good dinner spots. Walking around the 11th or the 3rd arrondisement will prove this. 

For my money, the best IG worthy spot is at the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur. It's the highest point in Paris and you get a near unobstructed view of the Eiffel Tower. The church is also exceedingly beautiful. Go at night, it's worth it.

Lastly, and MOST importantly, resist the urge to try to get into the Louvre or go up the Eiffel. If you had more time, I might change my mind, but really, all you need to do is walk past it and look at it. Paris is ALL about the neighborhoods and the walking is the best part. The thrift shops near George Pompidou are awesome. The sweets shops and consignment stores dotted around Montmartre are great and go to as many cheese shops as you can. They're all over the place. Walk, walk, and walk some more. You'll get your money/time's worth if you just pretend you're a native Parisian.

1. Café Charlot (restaurant)
  2. Quartier Du Marais (attraction)
  3. Au bon coin (restaurant)
  4. Basilique du Sacre-Coeur (attraction)
  5. George Pompidou (attraction)
  6. Montmartre (attraction)

John from Carlsbad (California)

Best brunch/breakfast place in Paris?  Find a nice cafe in your neighborhood and eat light so you can have lunch and dinner.

Best hidden gem spot for Dinner?  La Cuisine de Philippe, 25 rue Servandoni, 6th, Tel. 01 43 29 76 37, Metro: Mabillon or Saint Sulpice. Open noon to 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m., Closed Sunday and Monday; 2-course lunch for 33€ and 3 courses for 40€.  Ten table “mom and pop” bistro with a traditional menu, including sweet and savory soufflés, but there are many other dishes.  Reservations a must.

Best restaurant for dinner in Paris (can be a splurge)?  Restaurant "splurges' in Paris can be very expensive, as much as $500 per person with wine.  But there are some very nice restaurants serving excellent upscale food for much less.  For some time, my go-to place for a special night out without breaking the bank has been Dominique Bouchet, 11, rue Treilhard, 8th, Tel. 01 45 61 09 46, Metro: Miromesnil, Closed weekends and in August.  Dinner a La Carte 80-100€.  Seven course menu 105€; 3-course set lunch 55€.  M. Bouchet serves excellent food in his small, elegant jewel-box restaurant.  Very good personal service.  Reserve early.One place we will be going to in June for the first time is La Table d'Eugène, 18 rue Eugène Sue, 18th, Tel. 01 42 55 61 64, Metro : Marcadet-Poissonniers or Jules-Joffrin.  Dinner- 4 courses for 65€, 7 courses for 89€, 10 courses for 99€; Lunch- 2 courses for 28€, 3 courses for 35€, 4- and 5- course degustation menus at 45€ and 55€.  Small, nicely furnished restaurant serving good value, creative cuisine.  Open Tuesday - Saturday, noon to 2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.  Reserve well ahead.

Best "instagram-worthy" place to snap a photo?  Take the metro to the Trocadéro stop and walk to the Palais de Chaillot in the late afternoon/ early evening for photos of the Eiffel Tower.Your favorite cafe in Paris?  I have to admit the one cafe to which I always return is Les Deux Magots.  It's touristy and rather expensive, but it has the best people watching in Paris.Have a great trip!

1. La Cuisine de Philippe (restaurant)
  2. Dominique Bouchet (restaurant)
  3. La Table d'Eugène (restaurant)
  4. Trocadéro (attraction)
  5. Palais de Chaillot (attraction)
  6. Eiffel Tower (attraction)
  7. Les Deux Magots (restaurant)

Rebecca from Manchester

Les Fondus de la Raclette is a great hidden spot for dinner! I lived in Paris last year and I took my parents to this restaurant when they visited. I've tried raclette in the french alps and I wanted to give my parents a similar experience in Paris. This restaurant was tucked away, but near enough from Sacre Coeur to go after we did some sightseeing. The fondue and raclette were delicious and the price was very reasonable! Its a fully French experience!

1. Les Fondus de la Raclette (restaurant)

Darrell

There are so many museums in Paris, it can be overwhelming.  You can never go wrong with the Musee Rodin!  It's rarely very crowded, and an incredibly charming museum.   "Instagram-worthy?"  How about a quick shot of Rodin's famous "The Thinker" in the garden?   

1. Musee Rodin (attraction)

Laura from Haarlem, Netherlands

Breakfast: Café Charlotte (always sunny on the terras and véry French!)
Dinner: Georges (on top of the Centre Pompidou with an amazing view)
Photo: I love the little street next to the restaurant Le Relais Odéon when you get out of the métro Odéon. Só cute and so french.
Café: for coffée, every typical café is great. For wine, La Palette and Le Tourville for sure. 

1. Café Charlotte (restaurant)
  2. Georges (restaurant)
  3. Le Relais Odéon (restaurant)
  4. La Palette (attraction)
  5. Le Tourville (restaurant)

verity from London

Favourite cafe has to be Hôtel Costes.  

Grab a tea/coffee and cake and chill out to the amazing music.

1. Hôtel Costes (hotel)