riri
Singapore

Help me if i need some adjustment for my itinerary

My 1st time planning on a holiday. Please help to check if any amendment needed.

Day 1

• Eiffel tower
  • Place Du Trocadero
  • Arc de Triomphe
  • champ elysee
  • Alexandre Bridge
  • champ de mars

Day 2

• Place de la Concorde
  • Printemps
  • Galeries Lafayatte
  • Lourve
  • Forum des Halles

Day 3

• Pont Neuf Bridge
  • Pantheon
  • Norte Dame
  • Pont des Arts
  • Montmartre district
  • Sacre Coeur Basilica
  • Bercy Village

Fabrice from Paris

Hey Riri,

Overall, it looks good.

I would slightly rearrange some stuff (Champ de Mars is actually the park of the Effeil tower, so the 2 go together). I slightly reorganized your day 2 also, and removed les halles (before 2017 there's still heavy construction work there, so not worth it). Also, after shopping in both biggest luxury stores AND going to le Louvre (which is the biggest museum there is...), you'll be tired enough to just want to go to a nice restaurant :).

I reorganized your day 3 to make more sense geographically, and removed Bercy Village, which has no real interest imho.

This program is both doable, and good. If you like walking, you can do your full day 1 walking from one stop to the other. Day 2 you may need to take transports from Galeries Lafayette to Place de la Concorde.

Day 3 you will need transports to go to Montmartre (unless you really fancy a long uphill walk :).

Enjoy your trip!

Day 1

• Eiffel tower
  • Champ de mars
  • Place Du Trocadero
  • Arc de Triomphe
  • champs Elysees
  • Alexandre Bridge

Day 2

• Printemps
  • Galeries Lafayette
  • Place de la Concorde
  • Louvre

Day 3

• Jardin du Luxembourg
  • Pantheon
  • Notre Dame
  • Pont Neuf Bridge + Place Dauphine
  • Pont des Arts
  • Montmartre district
  • Sacre Coeur Basilica

John from Carlsbad (California)

Hi Riri,

I would rearrange your itinerary as follows:

Day 1- Take the Metro to the Palais Royal - Musée du Louvre Metro station and walk over to the Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel and then through the Jardin des Tuileries to the Place de la Concorde.   The walk down the Champs Elysees Paris to the L'Arc de Triomphe de l'Etoile.  If you don't want to walk all the way down the Champs Elysees, you can catch the Metro at either the Franklin D. Roosevelt or Georges V stations and take them to the Charles de Gaulle Étoile station at the Arc de Triomphe.  From there, take the Metro to Trocadéro.  Hopefully you will be there in the afternoon, when the light on the Eiffel Tower will be the best.  Cross over and go up in the Tower.  To avoid lines, purchase you tickets in advance at http://www.toureiffel.paris/en/preparing-your-visit/buying-your-tickets.html .  From the Tower, walk through the Champ de Mars to the École Militaire Metro station.  From there you can take the Metro to Métro invalides station and walk over to the Pont Alexandre III bridge.

Day 2- Take the Metro to the Pont Neuf Metro station and cross the Pont Neuf to the "bow" of the Île de la Cité.  Notice the Statue of Henri IV on the right and go down the stairs behind him to the Square du Vert Galant for one of the nicest views in Paris and a great picnic spot.  From there, walk to through the Place Dauphine.  Two of my favorite lunch spots there are the Taverne Henri IV and Le bar du caveau.  From there walk to Sainte-Chapelle, one of the best things in Paris to see.  Then walk to Notre Dame.  After seeing Notre Dame, walk east and cross the Pont Saint-Louis to the Ile Saint-Louis.  Walk down the Rue Saint-Louis en l'Île to the Rue des Deux Ponts and turn left there to reach and cross the Pont Marie, noticing the views from the Quai de Bourbon first.  You can then take the Metro from the Pont Marie back to the Pont Neuf Metro Station and walk west on the Quai to the Pont des Arts, which is great to cross in the late afternoon/early evening.

Day 3-  I'm not much of a shopper, so I would skip or limit it with only three days in Paris.  I'll let you choose how much shopping to do and where.  To go the The Louvre, there are places you can buy tickets in advance and entrances where the security lines are much shorter than through the Pyramid entrance.  I haven't been to the Louvre in about 6 years, so maybe someone else on here can help you.  I would suggest that you do some advance research so you know exactly what you want to see.  You can spend days in the Louvre and not see everything.  Other museums you might consider are Musée d'Orsay and my favorite in Paris, the very accessible Musee Rodin.  I am not a big fan of Montmartre or its Sacré-Cœur Basilica.  I find the area to be mostly touristy and there are much more beautiful churches in Paris.  It is also away from anything else, although you can metro up there fairly fast.  Bercy Village has some charm, but I would also save it for a longer trip.  All that said, I would recommend the following on the third day:  Instead of seeing Sacré-Cœur, I would start at Église Saint-Germain-des-Prés, which claims to be the oldest church in Paris, and/or the nearby Paroisse Saint Sulpice.  From there, walk down to and through the Luxembourg Garden.  In the Garden, check out the Fontaine Medicis.  Exit the Gardens on the east side and walk up the Rue Soufflot to the Panthéon.

If you have any questions, leave a comment and I will answer.  Have a great trip.

1. Palais Royal - Musée du Louvre (attraction)
  2. Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel (attraction)
  3. Jardin des Tuileries (attraction)
  4. Place de la Concorde (attraction)
  5. Champs Elysees Paris (attraction)
  6. L'Arc de Triomphe de l'Etoile (attraction)
  7. Trocadéro (attraction)
  8. Eiffel Tower (attraction)
  9. Champ de Mars (attraction)
  10. Métro invalides (attraction)
  11. Pont Alexandre III (attraction)
  12. Pont Neuf (attraction)
  13. Île de la Cité (attraction)
  14. Square du Vert Galant (attraction)
  15. Place Dauphine (attraction)
  16. Taverne Henri IV (attraction)
  17. Le bar du caveau (restaurant)
  18. Sainte-Chapelle (attraction)
  19. Notre Dame (neighborhood)
  20. Pont Saint-Louis (attraction)
  21. Ile Saint-Louis (attraction)
  22. Rue Saint-Louis en l'Île (attraction)
  23. Rue des Deux Ponts (attraction)
  24. Pont Marie (attraction)
  25. Quai de Bourbon (attraction)
  26. Pont des Arts (attraction)
  27. The Louvre (attraction)
  28. Musée d'Orsay (attraction)
  29. Musee Rodin (attraction)
  30. Montmartre (attraction)
  31. Sacré-Cœur Basilica (attraction)
  32. Bercy Village (attraction)
  33. Église Saint-Germain-des-Prés (attraction)
  34. Paroisse Saint Sulpice (attraction)
  35. Luxembourg Garden (attraction)
  36. Fontaine Medicis (attraction)
  37. Panthéon (attraction)

Alyssa from Austin (Texas)

I would highly recommend taking a bike tour. Its a great way to see the city and learn about the history in a short amount of time. I've taken this tour a few times.. the day AND night tour! Both great and very informative. The night tour was BEAUTIFUL and a great way to see a different side of the city.. imagine riding through the deserted, but lit up surroundings of the Louvre and ending your tour cruising along the Seine River watching the Eiffel Tower light up! We did the night tour our first night in Paris and the day tour the next morning.

http://www.fattiretours.com/paris

Paris is a beautiful city and is one that you can never get bored.. even if you just wander. I would recommend having a list of places you want to see, but try not to plan it out too much. This will allow you to leisurely enjoy the city, but also get wonderfully distracted by the lure that is Paris!

Michael from Tacoma

You've got the right idea. You know how you like to spend your time, so you might as well go where you want, see what you want to see, and suppress those inner voices from friends and family who tell you what you "should" see. Paris is one of my favorite places and I've never tired of revisiting the city, even after my fourteenth visit. Three days in Paris can fly, especially if you like museums and are overcome by the scale and abundance of the The Louvre including the chance to see the Mona Lisa, the Winged Victory of Samothrace, Michelangelo's Slaves, and the Venus de Milo, or the Musée d'Orsay where you can sample an unparalleled collection of Impressionist and post-impressionist painters including Renoir, Monet, Manet, Cezanne, Van Gogh, Gauguin, Degas, Toulouse-Lautrec, Morisot, and Cassatt, among others. Even if you never climb the Eiffel Tower, it's presence presents itself all over the city. It's possible to get a 906' bird's-eye-view of Paris from the upper level or you could view the it from the 56th floor of Tour Montparnasse. In any case you'll have the chance to see the Eiffel Tower illuminated each evening. The lights glimmer for 5 minutes on the hour. For the price of two bus or Metro tickets  (one ticket each direction) you can take the 69 bus which passes many of the most famous Paris sites. You can ride for 90 minutes in either direction, hopping on and off as you wish. I've attached a website that describes the sites that this bus route passes: http://www.parisperfect.com/blog/2012/09/the-69-bus-see-all-the-top-sights-in-paris/ Riding this bus should provide a some perspective about how to organize your visit. Once you've decided on what you'd like to see each day, you might want to use the Metro to get from place to place more quickly.

It looks like you might be interesting in shopping. Of the places you mentioned, I find the Galeries Lafayette the most interesting. The Forum des Halles is a maze-like, multilayered underground mall that includes movie theaters, museums and libraries along with myriad shops, most of which I pass as quickly as I can. You might find that shops you pass anywhere in the city have their attractions.

A visit to the Notre Dame cathedral brings you close to several special stops. Square du Vert Galant is a small park at the west end of the Île de la Cité near Pont Neuf, my favorite Paris bridge. A five-minute walk brings you to Sainte-Chapelle,a 13th-century gothic chapel that features fifteen 15-meter high stained-glass windows.

A five-minute walk from Sainte-Chapelle brings you to Notre Dame Cathedral. Just across a bridge on your right as you face the front of the cathedral, you'll see Shakespeare and Company, an English-language bookstore with a history that encompasses James Joyce, Ernest Hemingway and Allan Ginsburg. 

Just behind Notre Dame, a short bridge brings you to the Ile Saint-Louis At 86 Rue Saint-Louis en l'Île you'll find a small shop that sells Berthillion ice cream to go. At 29-31 rue Saint-Louis en l’Ile you can sample their treasures at the Berthillion Tea Salon.

Sacré-Cœur Basilica, dedicated in 1891, offers an excellent view of Paris from the top of Montmartre.

A short walk across Place du Tertre and its street artists can bring you to the Espace Dalí, a small space filled with Dali works.

I realize that I've added a few items to your list, primarily because they are close to places you had on your itinerary. Paris is so crammed with interesting stops, seemingly just around the next corner or down the next street, that a visit that strays from your plan can still offer abundant rewards and pleasant memories.

It's hard to go wrong on a Paris visit, and I haven't even mentioned reasonably-priced, centrally-located hotels, restaurants, boulangeries, charcuteries, patisseries, brasseries, cafés, or bars.

Bring good walking shoes, a money belt, and a shoulder bag rather than a backpack or waist pack to make life harder for pickpockets and to conceal your camera. I've found that if I keep my hands empty, I'm less likely to leave something important on a table, counter or chair. A traveler's phrase book, The Marling Menu-Master for France, and the Plan de Paris par Arrondissement: Paris Street Guide by District can be fairly helpful. Buy the latter book when you get to Paris. It's much less expensive there, and widely available.

Have a great trip.

1. The Louvre (attraction)
  2. Musée d'Orsay (attraction)
  3. Eiffel Tower (attraction)
  4. Tour Montparnasse (attraction)
  5. Square du Vert Galant (attraction)
  6. Pont Neuf (attraction)
  7. Sainte-Chapelle (attraction)
  8. Notre Dame Cathedral (attraction)
  9. Shakespeare and Company (attraction)
  10. Ile Saint-Louis (attraction)
  11. Sacré-Cœur Basilica (attraction)
  12. Montmartre (attraction)
  13. Place du Tertre (attraction)
  14. Espace Dalí (attraction)

Georgia from Long Island (New York)

This is a very ambitious walking tour and doable but I would suggest you take the time each day to really investigate one site. One thing for sure, everyone leaves paris knowing they will return. I would strongly suggest a guided tour of the louvre. It is massive and disjointed so a guide will enable the most efficient tour. The d'orsay is my favorite and don't forget the magic of Paris is the unexpected gems found while strolling, which you might miss if you pack too much on each day. Also paris can be more beautiful in the evening so maybe time your walking down the Champs and viewing the Eiffel for dusk

Ragan from Nebraska

First and foremost HAVE FUN! I know first hand the urge to see and do everything just in case you never get back! But the down side to that is if you do it all your going to be sore and tired and burned out and tired! And you really wont enjoy it and you wont remember it... We did this the first time for exactly that reason.. We now have been back 4 times 😍.  

Use the trams and trains even the cabs so you dont get burned out.. Make sure you know the times that the RER line your taking stops -we found that out the hardway! Eat at every patisserie and boulangerie you pass! And make sure you make time to wander and people watch..

Scott from San Francisco

You don't need to go to (or inside) the Eiffel Tower.  Since you're going to Printemps and Galleries Lafayette, go to the roof, and take your photo with the tower in the background, it's the best view in the city and you'll save the 3+ hours you'll waste at that tourist trap tower for something else.  For example Musée d'Orsay is really a must see.  

1. Eiffel Tower (attraction)
  2. Musée d'Orsay (attraction)

Crystal from Anchorage

Hi Riri,

I admire your ambition! It will be quite a feat if you can manage to visit all of these places. I think you picked a lot of good attractions, and I wish you luck in being able to see it all. I'm sure you will have an amazing time.

Happy travels!