Austin
Houston

Great Wine/Champagne Tours in Paris?

We are staying in Paris for 6 days. Can anyone recommend any day trips to any wineries or wine tours close by that provide transportation to and from?

Haleigh from Paris

Hi Austin, the Champagné region is a quick hop from Paris on the train. It only takes about an hour to Reims. From Reims you will find hundreds of companies that will pick you up for a day trip and tour to Epernay which is the home of all the great champagne houses. This is such a lovely daytrip and I highly recommend it! Hope that helps. 

1. Champagné (region)
  3. Reims (city)

Abigail from Paris

Hi Austin,

Not many people know, but there is a lovely vineyard in the close suburb of Suresnes. It can be accessed easily by public transport and you would not need to devote an entire day to visiting. You can find all the practical information for the vineyards of Suresnes on this site: http://en.suresnes-tourisme.com/suresnes-vineyard.html There are a few other nice places just down the street as well, including the Suresnes American Cemetery and Memorial which provides magnificent views over Paris, as well as one of my favorite restaurants, Au Père Lapin.

Have a great trip!

1. Suresnes (city)
  2. Suresnes American Cemetery and Memorial (attraction)
  3. Au Père Lapin (restaurant)

Larry from London, United Kingdom

Simple answer.. http://www.champagne-tour.com

Steve from Auckland

Hi Austin - In addition to heading to the Champagné region for a tour, you could always do a tasting in Paris.  

Whenever I'm in town I ALWAYS make a stop at Dokhan's bar at the Radisson Blu Le Dokhan's Hotel - Paris Trocadero on Rue Lauriston (near Trocadéro).

It's a beautiful little bar, with an incredible selection of champagnes, and they always have a tasting of the week, which is 3 champagnes (and a small snack) for a set price.  If you want to try any champagne they also have an amazing collection of fine champagne glasses to choose from.

The staff are ridiculously knowledgable about all aspects of champagne.  Perhaps stop in here on your first night and discover some new champagnes... then do your tour and go see where they are made!

I make this recommendation to all my friends who visit Paris and all of them are now return customers whenever they are in town.

1. Champagné (region)
  3. Radisson Blu Le Dokhan's Hotel - Paris Trocadero (hotel)

Kamel from Paris

Hello Austin Wells,

I could organize this tour for you if you want with transportation and visit of champagne. How many people are you ? when are you planning to come to Paris ?