Jessie
San Jose (California)

Disneyland Paris... worth it?

Any Disney Fans out there?  Is Disneyland Paris worth going to?  Wife and I have an extra day and are thinking about checking it out since we are Disney fans... It will be in Sept.

Christie from Greece

I agree with Nilufer. Disneyland in Paris may not be like Disneyland in other countries but the atmosphere is amazing and you feel like a child! I've been there twice, once in March and once in Christmas period. Both of them were unforgettable!
The only negative are the long lines at each attraction!
To be honest is expensive but i think it's an unforgettable experience and it's worth it to spent your money just for once!

Have a great time with your wife and enjoy it!

P.S. Make an effort to go early in the morning there so you have plenty of time to spent one whole day there because it's worth it to spent many hours there!

Nilufer from Istanbul

Hi Jessie,  

I haven't experienced any of Disneyland at America or Tokyo, yet I had fun at Paris Disneyland. Maybe Paris hasn't got scary roller coasters (you may find many of them at America), but Paris Disneyland is such an amazing place with its design and atmosphere. We had spent full day with my husband and we are impressed! 

You may find my Paris adventures here in three parts➡️➡️http://www.mapkini.com/2014/04/paris.html?m=1 

Disneyland story and the photos are at Paris Part I. 

Enjoy your stay at Paris ! My favorite at all.. 

Greetings from Istanbul

Erin from Salt Lake City

Hi Jose!  

Disneyland Paris is a totally different experience from Disneyland in California. Some of the rides are the same, a few are different, and there aren't as many. A lot of Disneyland Paris is the scenery. It is surrounded by green trees and has many "rides" that you climb or walk to which have views of the surrounding area. It's beautiful! As far as if it's worth it: I believe that depends upon how big of a Disney fan you are and how many days you have in Paris. Disneyland is about two hour aways from Paris by train, so it's not a day trip. It's more of an overnight trip. I personally loved going to DS Paris, but that was because I spent 3 weeks in Paris and had the extra time to do so. It also reminded me of home in America and because I was on a 6 month long trip, that was nice. I would say that if you only have a few days in Paris, skip Disneyland. There are so many things to do in Paris that you'll be glad for the extra time. If you have a lot of time to spend or are a huge Disney fan and that sounds better to you than seeing Paris, then you should go! Whichever you choose, you'll have a good time. :)

Ellie from Utah

If you are both Disney fans and have some free time then absolutely make the trip! It will be a great ending to the trip and I am sure you will enjoy every minute! Stop and have lunch at Walt's - an American Restaurant DELICIOUS! 

1. Walt's - an American Restaurant (restaurant)

Marnie from Conflans-sur-Anille

Why not visit a typically French theme park, then, since you are in France? Say take the TGV fast speed train from Paris to Poitiers and visit FuturoscopeFuturoscope.

Or else, go visit Château de ChambordChambord castle and park, they have loads of activities, and this way, you are seeing a real, major French castle.

1. Futuroscope (attraction)
  2. Château de Chambord (attraction)

Holly from West Hollywood

My husband and I have been to WDW, DL and now DL Paris, liked them all. The colors, some of the story lines (Haunted Mansion is different, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc were different). I thought it seemed more modern and healthier food selections. If you are in Paris get an RER A Train from Paris to DL Paris ( if you do a Google search it should tell you $, time, and direction - super easy And safe). 

Sandy from Memphis, Tennessee

I would skip disneyland! There are so many incredible day trips out of Paris.

Marnie from Conflans-sur-Anille

http://www.parcasterix.fr/
 The park Parc AsterixAsterix is an attraction park just North of Paris, an easy day trip, and a sort of French response to Disneyland. I otherwise agree with Sandy, stay French in France, and skip disneyland

1. Parc Asterix (attraction)