Lisa

Lisa from Los Angeles asked

Paris Day Trips

I'll be in Paris in April 2015 for a little over a week, and would like to take some day trips. I've been to Versailles, and will probably go back, but any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Lisa

isa from France

i guess you've been to a lot of diferent exhibition places : Fondation Cartier pour l'Art Contemporain, George Pompidou, Palais de Tokyo, Grande Galerie de l'Evolution, have a green tea and hammam at Complexe Commercial de la Mosquée de Paris, see a show in the Opera Garnier and visit the underground... around paris : Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte is the castle that inspired Louis XIV to build Versailles. Chartres and his cathedral that you can reach by train (I know a place to rent there). have a nice trip!

Amazing answer, Isa! So many exhibitions I still need to visit! By the way, I'm a community manager here and I've helped you highlight the places in your answer on a map! In the future, you can do this yourself as you answer a question by simply typing the @-symbol followed by the name of the place. Take a look at your map next to your answer :)

Pamela from New Canaan, Connecticut

In April, I would say definitely take a day trip to Claude Monet's house and gardens at Giverny. See the real life inspiration for his famous Water Lilies and then go to Musee de l'Orangerie in Paris to admire the stunning paintings.  

1. Giverny (city)
  2. Musee de l'Orangerie (attraction)
Mei & Kerstin from Larochette

Hi Lisa, 

Deauville and Trouville-sur-Mer in Normandy are two beautiful towns just 2 hours away from Paris. You can buy last minute train tickets either on SNCF website, or even at the train station. We've recently posted a photo story on our blog, have a look at the pictures: they might inspire you to go there: http://openupnow.net/2014/10/08/wednesday-photo-post-deauville/

Enjoy your time in Paris! 

Cheers,

Mei & Kerstin (from OpenUpNow.net)

Roxanne from Montreal

You can also do the castel in Fontainebleau. It much smaller than Versaille but very grand. Th grounds are wonderfull.

1. Fontainebleau (city)