Slawomir

Cheap hotel in the centre

What budget hotel for my family trip: 2 adults + 2 children and what to visit. and info about Disney attraction close to Paris

Simon from Disley

Not sure on the budget hotel, though it might be worth looking at some family deals that include a resort hotel and park tickets for Disney as this often includes some meal packages >> food in the park and restaurants outside the park are hugely expensive. We did this and had 2 nights in resort followed by 3 nights in Paris at  Hôtel Lumen Paris Louvre using air miles it didn't cost the earth.

Disneyland Paris is easily accessible by train from Paris, from what I remember it is around a 30 minute train ride - the railway station is right at the gates, the station is Marne-la-Vallée – Chessy If you are buying your ticket from a machine at the station you'll need to know this (for some reason Disneyland is not an option). We went from the airport (CDG) and caught the TGV there - slightly more expensive but only took 10 minutes - plus you get to hear the little jingle that plays before TGV announcements, well worth it.

We found that we had seen pretty much everything in both parks after 3 days, we went the second week of September and the queues weren't too bad, so you may need longer during school holiday periods.

When you do go to Disney, make sure that you plan a day where you see the 3D projection onto the castle, it is truly spectacular.

Outside of that one thing I have to recommend is you are planning on visiting the major museums, buy your tickets in advance, you can get them in Paris from Fnac stores, and you can then bypass the massive queues for places like The Louvre and  Musée d'Orsay

Enjoy your trip

1. Hôtel Lumen Paris Louvre (hotel)
  2. Disneyland Paris (attraction)
  3. Marne-la-Vallée – Chessy (attraction)
  4. The Louvre (attraction)
  5. Musée d'Orsay (attraction)

Not sure how cheap you want to go but one of my favorite hotels is the Hôtel Chopin. It's not in my favorite part of the city, exactly, but it is very, very centrally located. I know they have rooms for three people--don't know about four but you might want to ask if they have a cot. 

Résidence et SPA Le Prince Régent is excellent for families because the rooms are like little apartments. It's more expensive than the Chopin, but they often have specials. 

1. Hôtel Chopin (hotel)
  2. Résidence et SPA Le Prince Régent (hotel)

Géraldine from Paris

Airbnb is the best solution to stay in Paris ! the choice of apartments is very large and you can rent a big and central apartment easily !

Nancy from Lake Oswego

I really liked the 2*  Hotel France Albion

It is not in the very center of Paris, but easy to get to on the metro from any station, including Montparnasse. It is rated very high on Tripadvisor. Nice, safe location. 

http://www.albion-paris-hotel.com

1. Hotel France Albion (hotel)

Anthony from Canada

Mama Shelter is the best !!

1. Mama Shelter (hotel)

Jorg from Orgeval

Well, my experience with "cheap" hotels in Paris is that they are very often really horrible.

I'd rather go for apartment rental AirBnB style