MaKayla
Utah

MaKayla from Utah asked

Best places to stay and things to do in Paris

Hello!
My boyfriend and I are going to Europe for the first time end of April! We are ending our trip with three days in Paris! What’s the best places to stay in that area centrally located to hit some “touristy” things? Or what are some of the “must-do’s”/“avoids”

Thank you ♡

Paris (France)

Janice from Toronto, Ontario
The left bank, 5th, 6th, and 7th arrondissements (neighborhoods) are the best. Lots of restaurants and more reasonably-priced hotels. The advantage of staying in the centre of Paris is that you can walk everywhere---Notre Dame, La Conciergerie, the Louvre, etc. While it may be cheaper to stay in the outer regions of Paris (even Montmartre), the problem is that you'll be taking ages to get to the main tourist attractions. With only 3 days, you want to make the most of your time. This is the itinerary I put together for a friend. I've been to Paris over 30 times and there are some things you REALLY must do (ie. just sit at a cafe and watch people go by; go to Luxembourg gardens). Have a look at the other posts, especially the ones for First Time In Paris. Here's the 3 day itinerary:  https://www.francetraveltips.com/3-days-in-paris-perfect-itinerary/