Joe
Bloomington (Illinois)

Apartments in Paris

Looking for recommendations for 1-2 week apartment rentals in Paris.

Danielle from Toronto

Hi Joe,

I just got back from Paris, and would recommend using Airbnb to search for an apartment. I wouldn't highly recommend the one I stayed in but if you are planning in advance, there are many listings on there. 

I stayed in République and the benefits of that neighborhood are that it's a bit outside of the 'touristy' areas (which means it can be a bit cheaper for dining and drinks) however it requires a healthy walk or ride on the metro to access most main sights. 

After checking out many of the neighborhoods, I would recommend staying in Saint-Germain-des-Prés. It's walking distance to all of the major sights and its a gorgeous neighborhood.

Let me know if you need any help on using Airbnb - it's my favorite tool for finding vacation apartments.

1. République (attraction)
  2. Saint-Germain-des-Prés (neighborhood)

John from Carlsbad (California)

My friends and I have rented apartments from http://www.parisvacationapartments.com a number of  times, and I recommend them very highly.  They are very helpful in recommending and reserving restaurants, arranging for transportation or giving advice.  Their apartments are often reserved quite a bit ahead, so availability can sometimes a problem.  The apartments have just about everything you need, from guide books and umbrellas to food staples in the kitchens.  Some of their apartments are air conditioned, which is a plus in the summer, and all are very well furnished.  The two best (and most expensive) we have stayed in are the "Palais Royal Luxury Two Bedroom" and the "Palais Royal Luxury Three Bedroom Duplex", both of which are located in the Le Palais Royal  and have spectacular views of its Gardens

1. Le Palais Royal (restaurant)

Terry from Sarasota

We've used WWW.VRBO.COM frequently, and have had excellent results.  You can sort their lists by price, # of bedrooms, etc, etc.

You will have to be careful with looking for a place, because parking is generally a big issue in Paris. If you are not renting a car (and I would suggest that you really do not need a car with such a great Metro system there), it is not typical to find apartments with parking provided.

The other issue you will find, is that it is not common for apartments to be air conditioned, and if you are going to Paris in the summer, heat can be an issue. We were there two years ago, and it was in the midst of a heat wave, and it was very hot.  Granted, this is not the Paris norm, and as it is considerably farther north than you realize, the "average temperatures" are generally moderate.

Get your Metro multi-day tickets online before you go, the system goes everywhere, it is comfortable, fast, and it beats driving around looking for a parking place.

Also bear in mind, that if you are there in the summer, that you are going to be "sharing" Paris with a lot of other tourists. This means that popular destinations like the Louvre, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, etc, are going to have long lines waiting.  Get any tickets you can get online BEFORE you go. The Eiffel Tower especially, because it is always crowded.

Using the Metro, in combination with the regular French train system, you will be able to visit various locations outside the Paris metro area, like; Versailles, Monet's Garden, even destinations such as Rouen. The French train system is superb, and if you use the schedules properly to get the "express" train, there is nothing "too far" away.

Have fun !

Alejandro from Singapore

My recommendation would be to use Roomorama. It is just like Airbnb but deals with professionally managed properties. Hence the prices are low, they are usually available for longer periods of time and chances are that the hosts (aka managers) have other properties that could fit your requests...which means you can work with one person to consider multiple properties.

Juliette from Paris

I really recommend renting on Airbnb, it will be much cheaper than an hotel and much more comfortable: www.airbnb.com. Hope it will help. Best, Juliette

Ursla

Paris perfect apartments provide many options and great locations.

Roxanne from Montreal

I've used homelyday.com in the past. You can find appartments all sizes, all budgets.  Very good idea !