From Sellersburg (Indiana) to Panama City Beach is a little over a 10 hour drive.  If you stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens-I-65 (Huntsville Area) that divides the trip into a four hour section and a six hour section.  The Hampton Inn Cullman is closer to halfway but that Hampton Inn is  a little more expensive than the one in Athens/Huntsville ($171/night vs $105/night).  There is a Sleep Inn for $105/night in Cullman and that divides the trip into 4.75 hours and 5.3 hours, so a little more even.  There are also other hotels in that area.  You could also go down to the Hampton Inn Birmingham/Fultondale (I-65) or the Comfort Suites there which is a little less expensive.

I would stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites at the Athens/Huntsville Exit N of Birmingham, AL. On I-65 S.