Gibbsy
Utah

Panama City (Panama), Boquete, Bocas del Toro, Panama

Restaurant & must do activities in Panama (City, Boquete & Bocas Del Toro)

Honeymooning in Panama and traveling to Panama City, Boquete and Bocas del Toro.  My wife and I are looking for places to eat and adventures to experience.  We'll be there in July and we are up for activities, art, culture and whatever Panama has to offer.  Any suggestions are much appreciated.  Thanks!

We were in both places last December.  We both really loved wandering around Casco Viejo-they have small craft markets through-out, so its a great place for purchases to bring home.  Breakfast is simple, fresh and good at Super Gourmet. The owner, Blaine, is from Mississippi and has lived in Panama City for 10 years. Make sure to have at least one order of the local fruit juice called MOPS-mango, orange, pineapple and soursop.  Also very much enjoyed coffee from unidos coffee We loved lunch or dinner at Tantalo Kitchen-excellent rooftop patio, unique decor, creative food, good wine.  Stop for a cocktail, sit in the swing chairs and watch the bay at Finca Del Mar.  Don't miss the ice cream at Granclement.  If you are staying nearer to the financial district, looking for a local joint to eat-give El Trapiche a try.  And if you need some good ole burgers, nachos and American sports-try Brickhaus Sports Bar & Grill

Activities:  Make sure to visit the Panama Canal Museum-there is one located in the old town.  Also, grab a taxi out to the actual Panama Canal, Miraflores locksand go through the museum there too.  Stop in for ceviche at Seafood Market.

If you haven't booked your hotels yet-we really liked the Hilton Panamá-much nicer, cleaner and "prettier" than the Waldorf Astoria Panama

In Bocas del Toro, we stayed at La Loma Jungle Lodge.  It was absolutely stunning, fabulous, fun, relaxing or busy-depends what you want to do.  The owners-Margaret and Henry-are wonderful hosts.  You can hike the island with one of their employees who grew up nearby, go visit a bat cave, snorkel, scuba, relax at the beach, kayak, or just read a book while resting in your tree-house's hammock.

1. Casco Viejo (attraction)
  2. Super Gourmet (restaurant)
  3. Tantalo Kitchen (restaurant)
  4. Finca Del Mar (restaurant)
  5. El Trapiche (restaurant)
  6. Brickhaus Sports Bar & Grill (restaurant)
  7. Panama Canal Museum (attraction)
  8. Panama Canal (city)
  9. Miraflores locks (attraction)
  10. Seafood Market (restaurant)
  11. Hilton Panamá (hotel)
  12. Waldorf Astoria Panama (restaurant)
  13. La Loma Jungle Lodge (hotel)

Byron from Granada (Nicaragua)

Good options from the other members, and let me add Boquete tree trek in Boquete it is a nice and beautiful lodge on the mountains with fantastic views nice trails to walk around, coffee tour, zip wire, and really romantic place.

Have a nice trip.

1. Boquete (city)

I love Panama City!  This city offers visitors a variety of things to do, hotels, restaurants, bars, etc. Lets start with the unique Panama Canal Locks, the Casco Viejo that features many architectural styles from the Spanish colonial buildings. This area was rebuilt a few years ago (and still is) and provides the visitors a large amount of excellent restaurants, churches, theatre, etc.. My favorite is Mostaza restaurant, however, there are plenty that offers delicious local food (and seafood). The skyline  of Panama City is amazing, it can be seen from the Ancon Hill and Punta Paitilla. There are a lot of hotel and restaurants options. One of my favorite is Trump Ocean Club International Hotel & Tower (oceanfront). I haven't stayed at the hotel, however, the view at the rooftop bar is amazing and the food is outstanding.  I also recommend to visit Calz de Amador or Causeway as it features many tourist-related venues activities including restaurants, jogging, and biking trails. A walk by the Cinta Costera is another must if you have time during the day or on the weekends. There are a lot of excellent restaurants, for example Pizzería Athen's, Tre Scalini. Panama City is a place to discover and enjoy.

Hope this helps! Saludos!!

1. Panama Canal Locks (attraction)
  2. Casco Viejo (attraction)
  3. Mostaza (restaurant)
  4. Ancon Hill (attraction)
  5. Punta Paitilla (neighborhood)
  6. Trump Ocean Club International Hotel & Tower (attraction)
  7. Calz de Amador (attraction)
  8. Cinta Costera (attraction)
  9. Pizzería Athen's (restaurant)
  10. Tre Scalini (restaurant)

Timo from Panningen

Short reaction, but if you go to Boquete... Close to that there is The The Lost And Found Hostel. Just find it on the internet and make sure you go there.

1. Boquete (city)
  2. The Lost And Found Hostel (hotel)

Chloe from London

I went to Panama City (Panama) last year - it was such a great place! Loved it so much.

Gaucho's Steak House was great, plus a place called The Wine Bar. I wrote about my time there on my blog, so check it out for a few more tips! http://www.wanderlustchloe.com/2014/11/bright-lights-big-city-panama-city.html 

Also definitely recommend taking a trip to San Blas  if you get the chance! 

Have an amazing trip!

1. Panama City (Panama) (city)
  2. The Wine Bar (restaurant)
  3. Gaucho's Steak House (restaurant)