Gibbsy
Utah

Gibbsy from Utah asked

Restaurant & must do activities in Panama (City, Boquete & Bocas Del Toro)

Honeymooning in Panama and traveling to Panama City, Boquete and Bocas del Toro.  My wife and I are looking for places to eat and adventures to experience.  We'll be there in July and we are up for activities, art, culture and whatever Panama has to offer.  Any suggestions are much appreciated.  Thanks!

Panama City (Panama)   Boquete   Bocas del Toro   Panama

Byron from Granada (Nicaragua)

Good options from the other members, and let me add Boquete tree trek in Boquete it is a nice and beautiful lodge on the mountains with fantastic views nice trails to walk around, coffee tour, zip wire, and really romantic place.

Have a nice trip.

1. Boquete (city)

I love Panama City!  This city offers visitors a variety of things to do, hotels, restaurants, bars, etc. Lets start with the unique Panama Canal Locks, the Casco Viejo that features many architectural styles from the Spanish colonial buildings. This area was rebuilt a few years ago (and still is) and provides the visitors a large amount of excellent restaurants, churches, theatre, etc.. My favorite is Mostaza restaurant, however, there are plenty that offers delicious local food (and seafood). The skyline  of Panama City is amazing, it can be seen from the Ancon Hill and Punta Paitilla. There are a lot of hotel and restaurants options. One of my favorite is Trump Ocean Club International Hotel & Tower (oceanfront). I haven't stayed at the hotel, however, the view at the rooftop bar is amazing and the food is outstanding.  I also recommend to visit Calz de Amador or Causeway as it features many tourist-related venues activities including restaurants, jogging, and biking trails. A walk by the Cinta Costera is another must if you have time during the day or on the weekends. There are a lot of excellent restaurants, for example Pizzería Athen's, Tre Scalini. Panama City is a place to discover and enjoy.

Hope this helps! Saludos!!

1. Panama Canal Locks (attraction)
  2. Casco Viejo (attraction)
  3. Mostaza (restaurant)
  4. Ancon Hill (attraction)
  5. Punta Paitilla (attraction)
  6. Trump Ocean Club International Hotel & Tower (attraction)
  7. Calz de Amador (attraction)
  8. Cinta Costera (attraction)
  9. Pizzería Athen's (restaurant)
  10. Tre Scalini (restaurant)
Timo from Panningen

Short reaction, but if you go to Boquete... Close to that there is The The Lost And Found Hostel. Just find it on the internet and make sure you go there.

Chloe from London

I went to Panama City (Panama) last year - it was such a great place! Loved it so much.

Gaucho's Steak House was great, plus a place called The Wine Bar. I wrote about my time there on my blog, so check it out for a few more tips! http://www.wanderlustchloe.com/2014/11/bright-lights-big-city-panama-city.html 

Also definitely recommend taking a trip to San Blas  if you get the chance! 

Have an amazing trip!

1. Panama City (Panama) (city)
  2. Gaucho's Steak House (restaurant)
  3. The Wine Bar (restaurant)