Jillian

Palm Springs

Top 3 activities to do in Palm Springs?

I'm going to Palm Springs with two of my besties over Labor Day. We are in our late 20's/early 30's. What are 3 activities we can't leave without doing in Palm Springs? We love outdoors (it's going to be h☀️t), adventure, great views, and want to explore all the area has to offer! 

Carmody from Saint Paul, Minnesota

You must go to Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, its on average 30 degrees cooler than in Palm Springs, and absolutely beautiful with well maintained trails. 

1. Palm Springs Aerial Tramway (attraction)

JR from Manhattan Beach

if you want to mix it up a bit and go check out one of the old school hollywood retreats (i'm talking Shirley Temple, Clark Gable and Frank Capra old school), I think the La Quinta Resort & Club is worth a stop. The grounds are nice. Book a spa treatment, walk around, chill. 

1. La Quinta Resort & Club (hotel)

Gary from San Diego

I was there last week and we made the trip up the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway to escape the 110º heat and to hike for the day. There are several hikes, short or long, a couple of restaurants, a bar and amazing views to take in. Expect the weather to be 20-30º cooler up there. The Tram runs from 8 AM until 10:30 PM on weekends. About $25 per person and well worth the experience.

If you like interior design and boutique shopping, you have to stroll the Uptown Design District on N Palm Canyon Dr. You'll find Trina Turk, Just ModernJust Fabulous Palm Springs and the newly renovated The Shops at Thirteen Forty Five among others. Workshop Kitchen + Bar is fantastic for dinner or happy hour and Trio Restaurant has an all-day happy hour, 7 days a week.

If you want more shopping and dining, head out to Palm Desert and check out El Paseo for a ton more options. There's also the The Living Desert near there which is the Valley's local zoo and botanical gardens.

Have fun and  please share what you discover!

2. N Palm Canyon Dr (attraction)
  3. Trina Turk (attraction)
  4. Just Modern (attraction)
  5. Just Fabulous Palm Springs (attraction)
  6. Workshop Kitchen + Bar (restaurant)
  7. Trio Restaurant (restaurant)
  8. El Paseo (attraction)
  9. The Living Desert (attraction)

Kevin from Salem

You can go up the Tram it's a little cooler up at the top of the mountain. They do a ride and dine mid-afternoon.

Indian Canyons you can go for a nice hike.

Joshua Tree National Park  http://www.nps.gov/jotr/index.htm

1. Indian Canyons (attraction)
  2. Joshua Tree National Park (park)

Peter from Munich

The only thing I can think off right now, would be visiting Salton Sea. I just been there a week ago and drove from LAX all the way over there. At some points it had 122°F. 

Don't bother to go to Salton Sea State Park. This one seems to be gone and I couldnt find any road to get there.

Follow the signs for Salton Sea State Recreation Area and go there instead.

Let me know what activites you found in Palm Springs. I am interested in that as well.

1. Salton Sea (attraction)
  2. Salton Sea State Park (attraction)
  3. Salton Sea State Recreation Area (attraction)