Bailey

Palm Springs

Cheap eats/activities

I'm staying in Palm Springs and was wondering if there's a specific restaurant I should check out? Nothing more than $25/plate please :)

I'm fine with just laying poolside since it will be nearly 100 degrees, but if there's something else to do in the heat please let me know!

Definitely try Cafe Italia. It's not the most tasteful looking restaurant I've ever been in, but the food is really good and very cheap for the quality. 

1. Cafe Italia (restaurant)

Gary from San Diego

Hi Bailey,

There are so many great restaurants and cafes out there it's hard to narrow it down. My top picks for a few great & cheap meals:

For fun nightlife head to Purple Room for some live music and stiff drinks. Or try karaoke night at The Amigo Room at Ace Hotel & Swim Club. There's always some good music at Bar, check their schedule for what's up. If you're down for Tiki drinks, try the new Tonga Hut

For free & fun there's the Village Fest every Thursday night and the Palm Springs Art Museum offers free admission from 4-8 during the event.

Enjoy your trip and relax aggressively!

1. Cheeky's (hotel)
  2. Fisherman's Market & Grill (restaurant)
  3. Trio Restaurant (restaurant)
  4. Birba (restaurant)
  5. Tinto (attraction)
  6. Crave Modern Dessert Bar (restaurant)
  7. Purple Room (restaurant)
  8. The Amigo Room at Ace Hotel & Swim Club (attraction)
  9. Bar (attraction)
  10. Tonga Hut (attraction)
  11. Palm Springs Art Museum (attraction)

Trevor from Los Angeles

Hey Bailey, 

Sounds fun. When it comes to Palm Springs, it's all about relaxing by the pool and eating -- so you've got the right idea! In the morning when it's not too hot, hiking is also an option...but doing absolutely nothing usually wins out (as it should in Palm Springs). 

In terms of restaurants under $25 per plate...

Jake's

Great vibe. Both indoor an outdoor seating. Here's their dinner menu. It's also an awesome spot for brunch.  

Birba

Cool/hip little pizza place with a good vibe/atmosphere at night. It's just a few doors down from Jakes (although it doesn't seem to be coming up on the map in the correct spot). Their menu can be found here

1. Jake's (restaurant)
  2. Birba (restaurant)

Jamie

I found a few activities and things to do in Palm Springs that were free or inexpensive! The Moorten Botanical Garden was $5 for adults, $2 for children and children under 5 are free! The other places were cheap as well if you watch how much you buy. They are about the same as a typical casual restaurant/bar anywhere. Check out my suggestions here:  https://youtu.be/oG1bwquUrIs

1. Moorten Botanical Garden (attraction)